Balancing issues

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Shadow_Nugz, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    So if any of you have seen my other posts you will know I have a JG S System, and while it might not be the prettiest or the most upgradable, I like it.

The issue I am having right now it that the front end, with metal rails, 14.5" metal barrel and rather large RIS assembly far outweighs the rear end, even with the stock fully extended.

So my request is for a HEAVY stock, something that can balance out the gun. I am sturdy and workout enough that the weight won't bother me, but the balancing of the gun has a tendency to wear my reaction side arm down faster.

I don't have a real budget but I would prefer not to get too extreme, so maybe $60 or lower?

2. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Best way would probably be rewire to rear and get a crane stock. So you can put battery in stock.

3. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    put some kind of small weights in the buffer tube maybe?

4. tscebu

tscebu New Member

Dayton
  5. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I am not adventurous to wire it to the rear(yet) and i have an S System so those carbon fiber barrels won't work and I love the metal barrel and hate the look of carbon fiber on a gun.

I might look at adding some simple weights to the rearband maybe shortening the barrel.

But does anyone know what kind of stock is heaviest?

6. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    The heaviest stock would be a full stock full of weights. Personally, I'd wire it to the rear so you could use a full stock, but you've already nixed that idea.

The idea about adding weight into the buffer tube is a decent idea and could work for you.

7. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Like others have mentioned adding wieght to your buffer tube is probaly the easiest way without getting a new stock or rewiring.

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    put a shorter lighter weight outer barrel on it.

9. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    S System has a unique(proprietary?) barrel so I can't.

I figured that a full stock would work best but I am favorable of collapsible stocks.

I saw an aluminum crane stock somewhere. Any ideas?

10. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i have one, yes you can...
    just drill and tap 2 new screw holes for the replacement barrel

11. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Weights in the buffer tube?

12. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    JG's are versatile. they are easily configurable and can be lightened like any m4.

both are JG's. one is much lighter than the other.
    as i mentioned earlier, the s-system barrel has two extra screw holes than can easily be drilled and use the screws to re-tap the threads on it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  13. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    What about where it connects with the receiver?? Do you have internal pictures of the barrel assembly of the converted and the normal side by side?

14. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    you can use any TM spec m4 outer barrel. i recommend taking your s-system apart so you know exactly what you can and cannot do. i found that shorter barrel in my junk box. not sure what brand it is. i'm using a thread adapter as a flash hider... LoL. the stock is off an ICS.

15. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I took my gun almost completely apart the other day...
    What do you do about the piece at the top right that goes into the M4 receiver?
    [​IMG]

16. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    use it for the delta ring like other m4's.

17. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Doesn't the S System already have the equivalent of that part?

18. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i'm not sure what you are asking. all m4's are like that. some are one piece, some come in 3 pieces. but they all lock or connect in a similar way.

19. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I'm confused as to what you're saying. If you could, could I get a picture or two of your barrel where it connects to the receiver ?