Banning airsoft?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by t0cKSIk, Aug 16, 2012.

1. t0cKSIk

t0cKSIk New Member

Well as some of you know the governor in Los Angeles is trying to ban airsoft. This means airsoft stores like evike will be closed down. If this law passes other cities will try to ban airsoft and it will spread to the whole state possibly the whole country.

If you love airsoft and want to continue playing call (916)445-2841
    Once you call press one for English then press 6 then say:
    Hello my name is __________ and I oppose SB1315

Sorry If this is a repost.

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    First off, there is no such thing as the governor of Los Angeles.

Second off, this is a copy from Evike's facebook page.

Third, it is all over the Internet, and common knowledge. This is a repost, as we already have a thread for stuff like this.

Fourth, out of state people do nothing on this. And if you live in the LA area, and don't know about this, you live under a rock. A large one.

This law makes me mad.

3. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Dang you are good

But yea, it's not my state, so I am not going to worry about it. We have plenty to worry about in PA...

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    One thing though, if you live in a southern state "(like Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, etc) you probably won't have to worry as much. We have more real guns than airsoft guns lol.

5. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Same in PA too. We have the Appalachian Mountain rednecks. You know, towns built around coal mines that are still in operation, and the inhabitants of the town still work in them, just like their dad's and grandpa's did.

6. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

What do I have to worry about in pa. TELL ME NOW!!

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I highly doubt that. So should I call tommorow about the ban?

8. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    ok I do care about it. I have signed the petitions and wrote the Governor of California as a concerned US citizen. I live in FL and as much of a gun friendly state this is, it could still happen here. it could happen anywhere!
    the issue is they go after so many things that most say " ehh It does not effect me so what do I care?" well after a while they will got after something that effects you! get involved even if its not something that could effect you but you know its wrong. Get involved! less of this stuff would be happening.

9. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Those who think this legislation will not affect airsoft as a whole are the ones living under a rock.
    If you think this will not spread to other cities and/or counties in California and other gun hating states or jurisdictions, you are a fool.
    If this spreads to other areas of California, stores like Evike, Airsoft GI, AEX, and any CA based retailer will either have to move or close.
    Large events like Lion Claws will be cancelled or be forced to move out of CA.
    CQB arenas all over the state will be forced to close.
    Thousands of jobs will be lost, imports of airsoft from China and Taiwan will go to other ports along the West coast, and CA will loose millions in taxes from buisneses that close because of this legislation.

I have already emailed the Governor of CA, even though I am not a resident. I explained that while I do not reside in CA, I do support the airsoft busineses that operate out of CA by buying products through them.

We, as a society of airsofters, can not afford even one attack on our sport by ignorant politicians who think they know what is best for all of society.

While it may be a futile effort, we must all band together to defeat any attack on our sport. If we do not, there may not be anyone left to defend us when this type of ignorance threatens us directly...

10. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    This isn't the first time Kevin De Leon tried to ban Airsoft in California. Luckly SB798 didn't pass the first time though, or it would have meant a total ban in california. Now he's trying to get a foot hold in Los Angeles. If it's stopped again, we'll at least have a reprieve.

11. Thestig

All we can hope for is that De Leon is ousted in November, during the elections. I am pretty sure his spot is up for election.

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I hope someone on this forum takes his place. :)

13. Tesla

Tesla New Member

Rancho Santa Margarita
    Seriously everyone, don't be lazy or think you're safe just because you live in places such as the South or on the East Coast. Just write a quick email or letter to [email protected] stating your opposition to this ridiculous bill and how it affects ALL OF US, including the lives of police officers such as my father's and his buddies.

Personally I have emailed the Senator and Gov. Jerry Brown ( http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php ) addressing my concerns. Do it to protect your investment, your hobby, and ALL of your fellow airsofters.

REMEMBER: Be a good representation of our community, ditch the profanities and be respectful. As you all normally are, I hope.

14. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I did...if it comes to Florida then I will still play airsoft. I don't care. Take away my gun? Buy a new one overseas. Walmart would lose profit, military cant use them for training, California loses millions of dollars in taxes they need.

15. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

I wonder if it does get banned, they'll give us like cheap prices to get at least some money back, or if theyll sell them to shorty, trinity airsoft, airsoft atlanta.

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I understand banning it from being played in rural areas but when your in a closed area what harm can it do?

17. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Police come and none has orange tips and one 8 year old thinks its part of the game and he gets dropped. A lot of bad things can happen its just they never have.

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I mean a closed area like a sanctioned field. And if it does get banned atleast we will still have AS.

19. Napple

Napple New Member

Amen to that ^^^^^^^^^^^

20. Thestig

So we can closet chairsoft....