BAR10 Build

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Archer627, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    So, recently, I have noticed there is a complete lack of build threads. This has prompted me to start making plans to enter into the field of BASRs. YAY! Me being me, of course, I can't stand having a bone stock gun. Basically, I want to squeeze every ounce of performance out of my guns as I can. Anyways, to the good stuff.

My goals:
    -350 ft of range
    -Hit torso sized target @ 300 ft 9/10 times
    -Stay under 1000 dollars (as low cost as possible though)

Parts list:
    Madbull 6.03 barrel (what length are vsr barrels? Don't have my hands on the one I plan on purchasing yet.).
    M150 Spring?
    PDI Chamber
    PDI Cylinder
    PDI V Trig
    HS5 LRB
    ER Hop (sending this one off to skag most likely. Don't like cutting barrels nor do I have the tools to make it look nice).
    EM Nub
    Snibble shim

A whole slew of mods. Lol. What do you guys suggest me doing? I can handle anything you can throw at me as I do a lot of work on AEGs.

My Questions:

Should I pick up one of those VSR arms for the nub or no? (the hs5 ones)
    Do I use vsr buckings or AEG buckings
    Palsonite treated PDI parts?
    An I missing something? (wait to answer this until I get links up)
    Compatibility issues arise with my choices?
    Sprong rate you suggest?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. soviet

soviet New Member

Whoah man your did it right. Lol. Just most people say put a bigger spring and I'm like faceplam.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I have a relatively limited knowledge regarding BASRs, but I'm not dumb;).

4. MikeRobertson

MikeRobertson New Member

hi

I'd like to build a bar with LED lighted bar shelves, any ideas how to go about it?
    Something that will illuminate the bottles. I would like it along the back wall of my bar, maybe for around 10-12 bottles at most. Has anyone ever built one?

5. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Wrong type of BAR. 20 characters

6. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    I would say buy one of the pre R-hopped Promethous barrels on clandestine. HS5 did them all himself.

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I can do an r hop...... -sigh- I want an ER hop since I'm doing an LRB.. Lol. By the way, I'm getting a madbull barrel because they are made from aluminum which will be easier to use as a LRB.

8. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Madbulls are a pain to erhop, or so I have heard. I think EDI does ERHOPs...

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The barrels don't have a coating anymore so it's fine. I'm sending mine to skag. Anyways, anyone care to answer my questions in the first post?

10. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Who will be bending your barrel? I have heard great reviews on Cheeseman from Airsoft Sniper Forum.

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'm doing using that EZ-LRB. I may send it to cheese man. I'm not completely decided yet.

12. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Since you have the PDI hop chamber to use AEG barrels, you'll need an AEG bucking.

13. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I'm looking to get my 455mm prommy ER hopped but I don't have the experience to do it correctly. Who or where could I send it to have that done?

Also can I put that barrel in a jg bar 10 with out the bore up. It's like 20mm longer. I will be getting a pdi hop up as well.

Also, what is (are?) EZ-LRZ.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Skag187 will do it. Contact him on ASM. LRB are long range barrels. It's basically bending the barrel to center the hop up you apply to the BB. The barrel should be fine.

15. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    What if you ER hop and bend the barrel?
    Also what's better, ER hop or bending?

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    If you're doing an LRB, an r hop of some sort is a necessity IMO. You should go make a thread about it or ask in the one question, one answer thread. This is my build thread ;).

EDI1st, help me;). You know what you're doing when it comes to BASRs:).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  17. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Send the barrel to UTC, United Tech Co.
    It's a web based store ran by people close to HS5.
    Like Choas, HS5's 3D designer, and Mystikal, the only person who has the right to produce the HS5 FET.

You don't need to have both LRB and ER-hop at the same time but of course that'll be nice.
    LRB concentrates more on range while ER-hop covers both range and accuracy.

Parts wise, don't forget to get some barrel spacers or duct tape lol
    Make sure you get some 70D sorbo for the cylinder head, PDI piston head only has an O-ring on top to reduce the impacting force which doesn't really do much lol
    Grab some steel bolt handle, pot metal will snap.

I have the palsonite cylinder in my APS-2, pretty darn good and it's black lol

Spring rating, depends on you field.
    M150 means 150m/s, of course that also varies on compression, hop and barrel length.

Also consider the TDC Mod, easier to adjust the hop and also makes the hop more consistent.

18. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Hmm. How did I forget Sorbo. Blah. :p

Anyways, that TDC mod looks like it shall be interesting. Time to challenge myself I guess:p. I should do this into the PDI chamber correct? Also, should I get that HS5 VSR hop arm for m nubs or is it just a waste of money?

Bolt handle. Time to find one XD.

Barrel spacers will be done using electrical tape with somee silicon grease to fill in the space between the outer and spacer. How many spacers? I'm thinking about doing 5 or 6 or even one that goes down the entirety of the barrel. I think I'm going to go with an m140. Hopefully that will get me around 500 fps.

How do I get in contact with this United Tech co?

19. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

My bar10 is currently shooting around 520fps and has an effective (not max) range of about 250 to 275 ft .

Here's my parts list if it helps you out any.

Laylax zero trigger
    Laylax orange piston
    Laylax m150 spring
    Laylax 7mm steel spring guide with bearings
    Stock cylinder
    Pdi cylinder head (for use with pdi hop up)
    Pdi hop up chamber (ver2)
    Pdi hop up rubber
    Pdi 6.01 aeg cut barrel ak47 length 455mm
    Pdi barrel spacer x2 (for pro sniper version)

Hope this helps any questions feel free to ask. happy hunting :)

20. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Thanks for the list, pelster. I'm curious to see the range I get with this thing when it's done. It's going to be one fun gun to play with, that's for sure.