+ Barrel Length= + Range? Accuracy?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by 123456abcdef, Nov 23, 2012.

1. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    I am going to get either the KWA CQR Mod 1 or Mod 2. I would prefer the Mod 2(shorter barrel) but I want the most range and accuracy possible. I was wondering if a longer barrel makes an AIRSOFT GUN more accurate or makes it shoot farther. I've done some research and the results were very mixed. If you know the answer, give evidence. I don't want "It makes it shoot farther because that's what happens in Call of Duty".

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    1)Don't get a KWA.
    2)Locate search bar
    3)Use search bar
    4)use info procured via search function
    5)???
    6)Profit

3. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    Thanks iTunes, Archer- seriously? I used the search bar and din't find anything. We aren't trying to make eachother out to be a dumb*** here.

4. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    The main thing that gives you the range boost is a good hopup. While a barrel can add a very negligible amount of range it won't be noticeable. Now the whole debate about accuracy with a longer barrel is a giant debate. A lot of people say a longer barrel gives you more stability others say its worse cause it gives the chance for the BB to bounce a lot more. While nobody has facts about which one is better then other they will give you their experiences/opinions.

I personally have found short barrels for average FPS setups to be very accurate. I had no problem at all using a UMP or G36C variant in the against 509 barrel users and out ranging them.

I would pick up the shorter variant install a quality barrel such as PDI or prommy if you're on a budget, install Rhop, and make sure your airseal is dead on. With that setup you will have a great lil range gun.

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I did to. Guess what I found? Thanks for answering for me DM.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  6. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
  7. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Just wanted to point out that it took me 7 seconds to find that, on a phone at that.
    Its not hard, there's a bunch of resources that explain this all over the internet. It would have been quicker to find it yourself then waiting for our responses
    Edit: responses came before mine.. seem kinda behind now.. :eek: