Barrel Problems and BB Question

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by cteas21, Jan 17, 2016.

1. cteas21

cteas21 New Member

Charlotte
    Hey all!
    I have been running my kwa DMR with .30 Valken for a while now, and it's okay, but not as accurate as I would prefer.
    I tried Javelin BB's, and quite frankly, they sucked.
    Results:
    - Left a coating of green residue inside barrel (they are green) even after a thorough washing.
    - Terrible, TERRIBLE, accuracy. I'm talking a 4 foot spread (gun was stationary) at 200 feet.

NOTE: My gun handled the .36's fine in terms of hop, It could get an optimal trajectory, so .36's are fine for recommendation, so long as they are good.

On to the gun:
    - Running a Madbull M130 (shooting 400 with .25's, field limit is 450 with .25's)
    - Madbull "Steel Bull V2" Inner Barrel, 509 mm. Accuracy is okay, could be issues with BB's though. (I clean it regularly)
    - Modify Baton Ryusoku Bucking (Flat Hop)
    - Prommy Flat Hop Tensioner.
    - Full Cylinder

Questions:
    - What BB's should I run? I'd prefer a heavy BB (.30+) that would maximize range and accuracy in my gun.
    - Should I change my barrel for a Prommy 6.03/455 mm?

Please Help!!!
    Thanks!

2. Stonearmdog

Stonearmdog Member Supporting Member

Sevierville
    I think the prommy barrel would suit you fine. Heres to help with bbs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

3. Vtbro

Vtbro New Member

Richmond
    Just kind of skipping along the Forums, your "BB's to avoid" at the bottom took me by surprise. I've been using Elite Force for awhile now, if I should be avoiding that, what BBs should I be using?

4. Stonearmdog

Sevierville
    This is written by Zardichar. He's a great tech but for just a few dollars more you can get better bbs than EF.

5. cteas21

cteas21 New Member

Charlotte
    Okay, thanks. I'll try some Bioshot .32's and post the results. Would also like to find some decent .36's. Thanks!

6. Stonearmdog

Sevierville
    You're welcome man. Glad I could help.

7. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    What work have you done inside the gearbox?

You can get a boost in accuracy by perfecting the seals in the GB. This gives you a very consistent FPS output (I have achieved 1FPS windows) and makes your BB hop far more consistent.

8. cteas21

cteas21 New Member

Charlotte
    Gearbox Internals

Hi Raven,
    I have installed a full Type-0 Cylinder with a stock KWA Piston and a new Danco #14 O-ring. Perfect compression. Stock KWA Gearset, Stock Trigger assembly, and stock shell and other items. I also believe I have a new air-nozzle (unsure of brand), but provides PERFECT seal with hop unit. Maybe 2-3 fps deviation worst case scenario. I also have a Madbull M130 pushing around 430 fps.

What would you recommend in terms of further upgrades or a decent BB? Thanks.

9. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Polish the stock barrel and flathop a decent bucking (G&G or Lonex 70), or Rhop.

G&G makes decent BBs for their price. The GoldenBall BBs I've tried (6k of .30) have been meh.
    BBBastards are great, but the shipping from Canada nearly doubles the price.

Sorry for the late reply.