Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by 6GUN, Nov 23, 2012.

1. 6GUN

6GUN New Member

Just changed the barrel of a G&G Gr16 full metal M4 from the stock one to an angel customs 6.01. Now when I fire the gun the bb's go downward no matter how I set the hop up. Even with .25 bb's this happens. What can I do to get the bb's to fly straight noww? Do I change the hop up? If so, is there any out there you guys could recommend?

2. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Did you remember to put the hopup nub back in?

3. 6GUN

6GUN New Member

yeah. I put the stock one back in and it runs fine. I put the new one in and the bb's run downward no matter the hop up setting

4. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    What new nub/bucking did you purchase?

5. 6GUN

6GUN New Member

I put the stock hop up and bucking on the new barrel. I hadn't done this kind of upgrade before. The nub and everything that came with the gun in the first place went to the new barrel. Is there an ideal bucking and nub I should be looking for to put on the new barrel instead?

6. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

My TSD SD96 is doing the same thing after I changed the barrel from stock to a Madbull 6.03 mm. I also put the stock hop up back on the new barrel. I can't seem to get back spin on the bb to get near where my range was before I replaced my barrel. I wanted to get greater accuracy and consistency but instead I lost a lot of distance. I'll keep watching this thread to see if we can get some insight.

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Well back to basics lol.

First things first.
    With the barrel and hop up assembly out of the gun. Can you adjust the hop up arm and physically see the nub push down on the hop bucking. Making the bump inside the barrel?

If not, you will need to re-install your new inner barrel. And check if the hop bucking and hop nub are seated correctly. And are working properly. Something is wrong here lol.

8. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I had a similar issue. Turns out, I put the hop up window facing down, not up. I was following a guy on YouTube who re-assembled it incorrectly, so I made his mistake.

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol xD wow hahahahaha. That's pretty epic.

"Because he can!!" Lol xD hahaha Jk Jk

On a serious note:
    Not everything on YouTube is always correct lol.

You just have to get in there and experience the tech work yourself :) it's not crazy crazy hard lol.

10. jimfc3

jimfc3 New Member

evergreen park
    Did you clean the new barrel???? Get any sillycone or lube on the bucking?? Did you crack your nozzel putting it back together?? After your hopup chamber is on look down the barrel while turning hop on to verify the nub stayed in there.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  11. 6GUN

6GUN New Member

Yeah the nub stayed in there and the hop up works fine as far as the arm going up and down. Cleaned the new barrel and i figure i'll get a new bucking that can handle a higher fps.

12. RoosterX

RoosterX New Member

Thanks for the tip, mine was backwards also, that's why I kept breaking the plastic arm on the hop up!