Base for DMR Build (M4/M16 or SR25)

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Cothonian, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Cothonian

Cothonian Member

Hello All,

Looking to try my hand at building out a DMR.

Price Range: $200-$300 before upgrades (willing to go higher if the externals are worth it)
    Type: AEG
    Preferred Gun Models: M4/M16 or SR25
    Role: DMR, sub-400 FPS (don't ask why, that's just the way it is.)

Essentially, I need something with solid externals, 20 inch (508mm) barrel, and reasonably OK internals. For upgrades, I intend to limit them to a new barrel, bucking, and GATE Titan if possible.

The hiccup, full length airsoft rifles seem to be something of a rarity as of late. The closest thing I've found is this: https://www.evike.com/products/28681/#pagetabs

I've also encountered a few full length M16s, but those big non-removable front sights would get in the way of a scope.

Thoughts?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis

3. Cothonian

Cothonian Member

Color me interested. Setup looks good, price point is a major winner. What are the externals made of? I can't find anything on the site specifying.

4. Kuratosu

Kuratosu Member

Tucson
    Can't say I know much at all about those rifles but I'm a stickler for build quality as well. Anytime I see "plastic", it usually means ABS. Especially at the $160-$200 price point. Getting something with Nylon Polymer or Metal might cost you a fair bit more so I would recommend going with Guges suggestion then upgrading the externals to something more durable later on down the road. Doesn't seem like there are a lack of parts on the market right now, just guns.

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
  6. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    The E&C rifles are good value for money. I would suggest getting a Well Brace for the gearbox though. You also need to be careful that you do not break the mounting points on the receiver for the button that releases the ejection port cover. When putting the pin in the receiver, the receiver can be damaged. But this can be said for most metal rifles if they have this feature.

Also, instead of the Gate Titan, look on Aliexpress for a T238 V1.7 mosfet. They are really good.
    I have had the previous models of the T238 and they died nearly instantly. But this new V1.7 is great.

hawkchief likes this.
  7. Cothonian

Cothonian Member

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Yes. Order consolidation via a crazy shipping process called - Logistics.

There are minimum charges, plus volume and weight restrictions.

If you send one item by itself you pay the full brunt of the cost of the shipment. If you consolidated 50 items in a shipment, each item mitigates the cost by 2%. Thus a 141.00 shipment has it's cost spread out to each item at $2.82 each, plus volume and weight surcharges.

Thus you put in an AEG or 1-3 with a bunch of little items, your cost to get it here goes way down even with USA reshipment added in.

That is why I always say, American Consumerism does not apply...when buying airsoft from overseas.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  9. Cothonian

Cothonian Member

Alas, bulk orders are a little out of my wheel house at the moment.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I can throw one in on one of mine.

11. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    I may be interested as well. Just to clarify though, are all the externals except the grip and stock aluminum alloy?

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Yes.

This seems to be surprising people, is this due to the price being so low?

13. Cothonian

Cothonian Member

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    The price I gave you above is the prepayment price. If I import it with my own funds, you will need to add $20.00.

I can have one in the next shipment to the US and that means it should be here the following Monday.

15. Cothonian

Cothonian Member

You're making me do a lot of mental gymnastics here. I'm going to have to pass.

16. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
  17. Shadowbane

Shadowbane Active Member

Pleasant Hill
    Well you could cowitness. I would think about the SPR.

18. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    It's not the low price... I just don't have any trust for airsoft products, even if they claim to be "full metal". I guess I'm naturally skeptical.

19. Shadowbane

Shadowbane Active Member

Pleasant Hill
    Well you naturally have to trust the airsoft supplier websites like Redwolf because if you don't it's just a priori knowledge.

20. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I wouldn't lump all supplier website information as the Gospel.

I can tell you Evike and ASGI has a LOT of false info on their website...

1tonne and Peeque like this.