Batman's guns: past and present

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by Batman, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Decided to copy NJ and Fyzix...sorry guys
    It was October of 2011. A large package awaited me on my porch. Little did I know it would be the beginning of a long line of me screwing up guns.
    1)JG/DPMS M16-Bought for $90 here from shadowsun99 in October 2011. Failed from the start, because the tamiya connector came off and in my attempt to fix it I took apart the whole gun and screwed up the shimming. Bought a Classic Army sportline gearbox from Havegunwilltravel and put that in around December. Worked off and on untill March when I sold it to RadialBuzz for $60.
    [​IMG]

2)JG/DPMS M4-Bought externals and hopup/inner barrel from RobbyP for $30 on here. Put in the original gearbox from the M16. Never really worked. Traded to Arekkusu for a different JG M4

3) JG M4 #2-Got in a trade from Arekkusu. Never got around to fixing that torn bucking. Traded to Haml in June for his CYMA M14.
    [​IMG]

4) JG BAR-10-Bought from Hockeyfights118 for $60. Took about a month to get here. Sears eventually gave out. Traded to Ranger for a JG G36c in June.
    [​IMG]

5) Y&P 1911 NBB-Bought from airsplat for $3. Never really worked. Partial trade for a KJW 1911.

6)Y&P M9 NBB-Same story as above.

7)Well R8 M4. Bought from airsplat boneyard for $7. Actually worked. Put in a JG blue motor and traded it for a Pantac MBSS plate carrier.

8)CYMA M14-Got in a trade from Haml. Did a few upgrades. My favorite gun. Still own.
    [​IMG]

9)JG G36c-Got in a trade from Ranger. Had compression issues that I never really fixed. Sold to Sparky_D for $40.
    [​IMG]

10) KJW 1911-Got in a trade. My first GBB. Worked until I dropped it and the slide got all misaligned. Traded to mnmetalhead1 in August for M4 mags and some parts.
    [​IMG]

11) JG P90-Got in a trade from Averageairsofter on here. Traded 3 M4 midcaps, a vfg, and a scope for it. Was broken when I got it, fixed it but it shot about 10 fps. Sold in late June to Mystery_34 for $60.
    [​IMG]

12) Dboys M4 SD-Bought for $50 on ASF. Fixed it up but stripped a piston. Traded to E-5 for an MP5k.
    [​IMG]

13) HFC M9-Bought for $40 with 3 mags, and 2 M14 mags in July from Stray Bullet. Worked great until I snapped the trigger spring. Still have in pieces.

14)Double eagle UMP-Bought for $30 with the intention of fixing, never did though and I needed money. Sold for $50.
    [​IMG]

15)Cybergun MP5k PDW-Got in a trade. Worked until something got messed up. Currently working on fixing or selling it. Still own.

16)JG M4 CQBR-Bought for $110 with upgrades and a cool paintjob. Didn't work when I got it so I sent it back to the guy, he said he fixed it but still didn't work, so I finally fixed it this last sunday. 2nd favorite gun. Still own.
    [​IMG]

17) CYMA M14 #2-Bought from Haml for $40. Missing stock. Was going to turn it into a CQB weapon, we'll see what happens. Still own.

18) Army Armament Glock 17-Bought for $60 with three mags. 3rd favorite gun. Still own.

That's it! For now!

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    God OK now I got to go do one of these, no offense intended but I think you're buying too many broken guns.

3. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Yes, but I've kicked that habit now.

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I'm guessing you've always bought boneyard?

5. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Yes, but usually I just buy used.

6. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    You have had the biggest collection of broken/crappy airsoft guns out of everyone on the forum.

7. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Thanks a lot. They are mostly JG though, not that bad really. A few months ago was when I realized I needed to stop buying lots of crappy guns and focus on a few good ones. Now that I got a job that will hopefully happen soon.

8. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Call me old-fashioned, but I personally steer clear from clones as much as possible. They are just not as reliable. I almost exclusively buy CA, G&G, KWA, TM, or VFC guns now. I always prefer metal over plastic too.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  9. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I mean you can still buy used, and I always do, but my ground rules are, buy m4/m16 and Aks cuz those are the only guns I know how to work on -_-

10. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Yeah. I really wish I could have gotten that x-series I found a while back but instead I bought the JG cqbr. The guy with the ca never responded to my pm's

11. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Sorry to hear about your problems with broken guns. I hate it when people sell guns, post all the pros, but leave out the cons.