Batteries, Mosfets, Questions.

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Designation-Wolf97, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Designation-Wolf97

Designation-Wolf97 New Member

Hey so a while back, me and my cousin got 5 guns for $250, a CYMA, 2 Echo1's, and a G&G. (And a GBB M9)

The guy we bought them from was running a tenergy 12v on the G&G, and I recently traded a pellet gun for a stock pouch, foregrip, and the 12v.

What Im wondering is if its usable in a practical sense, if I should upgrade it beforehand, etc.

My other question is I recently got my 614 simple- MOSFET'd and from what they said, it limits the power that goes through the circuit. Sooo Im wondering if running the 12v would be okay in the 614 since its Mosfet'd. (On a side note last time i went out on the field my 614 would randomly stick on full auto; I.e. I would pull the trigger once and it wouldnt stop until I moved the selector switch to semi and safe multiple times, or I had to unplgu the Battery, Is this a common issue with Mosfets or is this really bizzare occurrence?)

Theoretically, I'd run it in my G&G Raider I picked up a week back from a colleague.

All and all, Whats best, in your opinion. 9.6's and other [non-lipo] batteries, or Lipos, and what I should do to [if even bother] run the 12v.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Regarding upgrading beforehand, externally add whatever you want out of the box. Throw on various grips, optics, mag accessories, stock attachments, lasers, lights, tactical calculator, pink streamers, ANYTHING you want.
    Internally, I'm a FIRM believer of NOT upgrading a gun right out the box. The exceptions being a bolt-action rifle and for the most part that's it. This is simply because if you don't give the gun a couple months on the field, you'll never know if you're truly upgrading or downgrading nor the extent you're upgrading. You need to figure out the gun and find its short falls before you pop it open and start replacing parts and pieces.

Regarding the 614, the problem you're referring to sounds like your trigger contacts are sticking. Which would basically mean your Mosfet either was installed way after the gun was heavily used and contacts were well worn in, OR your Mosfet really isn't a Mosfet but maybe a fuse or such OR you're having some other mechanical problem. That being said, that is NOT common with ANY Mosfet as far as I personally have seen. The problem is somewhere around your trigger system. Something likely not disengaging properly.

-mobile device-

3. Designation-Wolf97

Designation-Wolf97 New Member

Yeah its a possibility, it is an older gun that I just recently had rewired. So its probably due to it being older and used before i installed the Mosfet.

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    That's definitely a possibility. Personally with this particular gun, I'd pop it open and inspect the trigger contacts as well as the trigger mechanism. New trigger contacts are a few bucks and you'd still be able to use the same Mosfet - assuming the trigger contacts have begun to oxidize. If it's the trigger mechanism, it's possibly the spring not resetting mechanisms or something of that nature. But in the end, you're likely only looking at about $15 for parts. A tech will likely charge $50 to inspect and fix the issue.

-mobile device-