Batteries

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by TheInfidel23, Jan 2, 2013.

1. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    There may be a thread already, can't find one.
    Anyway, what kind of batteries should I get for my g&gs? Had a G&G 9.6 and an intellect 9.6(first was 1400, second was 1600 mah). The first is 2 years old and doesn't have the power anymore. My second is only a year old and can't hold a charge for more than an hour. They get charge from my Bol smart, charger is not the problem. I read that intellect makes the best batteries, but my older and"less reliable" manufacturer battery is still working. I've also heard from a buddy javelin sucks. Both guns have the same internals except the spring. Thoughts??? Getting a claymore soon and want to bundle the order.

2. Travis896

Travis896 New Member

Hager City
    I have a couple intellect batteries they work good. ( although i dont really airsoft anymore so they havent been used a lot). Tenergy makes good ones i think.

3. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
    Go on hobbyking.com they sell lipos real cheap there.

4. TheInfidel23

Greenville
    Pretty sure my g&gs won't survive a lipo. I was really pleased with my 9.6s, I will check out tenergy

5. Travis896

Travis896 New Member

Hager City
    My brother used to run a 4200 mah 8.4 in his m4 full stock. Tenergy battery, was great.

6. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Just get a 7.4 lipo off of hobby king. Any gun can handle a 7.4

7. Psymon

Psymon New Member

Pasadena
    I would still think about a MOSFET for a Lipo..

8. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    You don't need a MOSFET for a lower discharge 7.4v Lipo. It wouldn't hurt either, but no harm will come to your gun if its tuned with decent parts on a 30C 7.4v Lipo. I only use lipos in my guns that use 11.1v lipos.

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
  10. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    I run 11.1 20c lipos in stock cyma thompsons for a little more than a year an they are fine haha.

11. TheInfidel23

Greenville
    No offense Knief, but can anyone else vouch for these? I believe they're probably good batteries but I like to have more than one opinion.

12. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    Knief knows his stuff. If Knief say thay are good, then thay are good lol. Iv been using a 9.6 1600nimh Venom for all most a year now. And its still as strong as it was on day 1.

13. TheInfidel23

Greenville
    Thank you both. I will look at these closer, but I'm not sure if the 2000mah will fit in my foregrip. I've been using a 1400 mah, much smaller. It's the G&G GR4 100Y.

Attached Files:

14. TheInfidel23

Greenville
    I also briefly though of getting a PEQ box but I don't know if i entirely like that idea. Granted the RIS was tight with a 1400, so it will probably not fit a 2000. The extra power would be nice, just not sure.

15. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    First, please don't double post. If you want to respond to two people, use the multi-quote feature.

Second, no, a 2000 mAh pack won't fit in there. That's a rail, not handguards. You should get a pack the same size as what you have now, just from a better brand. www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com will either stock it or custom make it for you.

16. TheInfidel23

Greenville
    Cool thanks. I don't quite know how do use multi quote, is that the check box on the left side?
    My other question, should I get, as you suggested, a batt that fits, (it was already a very tight fit) or a PEQ box and a bigger batt?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  17. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak