Battery good enough?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Slaverius, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Slaverius

Slaverius New Member

Kazanlak
    Hey guys,

So a quick question as I still don't won a multimeter. Would this battery have enough Ampage, to feed mah beastie to be?,

Nuprol 1450mah 7,4v 25c/50c

Will be using semi auto mainly and I really want to fit the battery under the dust cover. Trigger response and reliability/longevity if maintained regularly is the my idea here. If you think I would get a better more reliable AEG with different parts I'm all ears, I want to make it the best AK I can when it comes to my abilities and budget. I might Short Stroke it by 1 tooth and slap a m120 compensate for FPS loss if that will make the trigger even better. And will be doing a hair(ish) trigger mod.

AK 105 - CYMA CM.040D

This what's in it:

FPS Softair parts: Full Metal Rack Piston, Aluminum Piston Head, Cylinder Head, AOE Nylon shim, Aluminum O-ring
    SHS: Bushings on Sector and Spur, Bushing Bearings on bevel, V3 Aluminium Spring Guide, M100 Spring, 13:1 gears with a 9 tooth ZCI Bevel & Pinion, so about 15:1, from what I gather, so (on theory) it will be strong and reliable and faster cycling than 18:1 and the misleading 16:1,
    Nuprol SS Full Cylinder (polished further)
    E&L Tappet Plate
    PPS(SHS?) 6.03 363 barrel (polished further, enlarged hop window to promy specs)I know it's not a good one, will get a non-pleb one later this fits the budget ATM.
    Mapple Leaf rubber
    Low resistance silver plated wire (might use thicker low resistance if you guys recommend it).
    Dual signal wired Warfet set for Pre-cock.

The rest is stock. Motor behaves like a 22 tpa but I'm not sure. I can also use a M170 E&L motor if it will be a match for the battery.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  2. Beetlebz

Beetlebz Well-Known Member

New Milford
    It'll be fine. I have run 13.1 gears on SHS high torque motors on 120 springs for years on 15 and 20c 7.4 lipos.

Slaverius likes this.

3. Slaverius

Slaverius New Member

Kazanlak
    Thank you very much, any comments on the build?

4. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

What kinda magnets are in the motor?
    Build sounds fine. You could short stroke 1 on the pickup and 1 on the release side then use a small spring spacer or a stronger spring, but your only running a two cell lipo so it would probably wouldn't have a benefit. One day if you went to a 3 cell lipo on that m100 spring I'd suggest short stroking to prevent any pme of the tappet/piston.

5. Beetlebz

New Milford
    I dig, although i admit I've never used a precocking mosfet. Very similar to my field gun. If youre AOE and shimming is on point it should be a super reliable build. Thats always been the most important part to me.

Slaverius likes this.
  6. Slaverius

Slaverius New Member

Kazanlak
    Neo magnets just a tad less resistance to turn by hand than the E&L motor I converted from long to short type.

Ye I think pre-cock and hair(ish) trigger would be fine and more reliable and it might be a nightmare to tune the the pre-cock just right. Oddly enough I had it build with all the same parts but with the stock 18:1 gears and there was no difference in trigger response between my 1200 mah 11.1 20C/40C and 7.4 20C/40C. At least to me semi-auto was identical if not better with the 7.4. But why?. Only ROF was slower which I don't mind at all it was 666 rpm hehe.

7. Slaverius

Slaverius New Member

Kazanlak
    Ye I'm trying to hit a middle ground between, reliability and performance. If I do things right should be a sweet AEG.

8. Beetlebz

New Milford
    They are screechy (or at least they used to be, my experience is from probably 7-10 years ago) but I always ran the SHS high torque motor. I dont know what HT motors are in vogue now but the extra torque gets that gear train moving quicker, thats where you will see the trigger response jump. Especially with 13:1 gears.

9. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Beetle...your comment about batteries above means nothing. There is incomplete details on the actual battery you are using. Discharge in Amps is this equation:

A = mah * C. You just cite C and Volts.

No one can say in any way if your packs are good or usable.

And...I use this for an interesting comparison.

This GENS ACE Battery will power 2 AEG's "Simultaneously"and possibly frag the internals and it's only a 10C.

https://www.gensace.de/gensace-5200mah-11-1v-10-20c-3s2p-lipo-battery-pack.html

See how specs and additional details changes "everything"?

I honestly blame the industry for this...their ignorance and inability to propagate useful information is just horrible.

aotsukisho likes this.
  10. Slaverius

Slaverius New Member

Kazanlak
    Ye. Ok but will the one I'm going to use be good?

Nuprol 1450mah 7,4v 25C/50C

I ran the replica until now with the same setup except 18:1 gears on a 1200mah 11.1v and 7.4v both 20C/40C it ran and it lasted a full day of sunday skirmish, but the cycle was sluggish on the 11.1v and and A bit better on the 7.4v but not buy much. That was exclusively on semi auto.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    The Nuprol packs are "okay". If you get them for under 20.00 shipped. Your good.

FYI if you buy them from the factory...you can get them for 9.00 each landed in qty of 50 units or more.

12. Beetlebz

New Milford
    You are correct, i didn't think to mention it. I was referencing my 1.4Ah packs to compare directly to his 1.45Ah pack.

Of course if they aren't from a reliable manufacturer, the markings on the battery don't mean a thing. Sometimes just for fun I buy Chinese 18650 cells and give them a charge/discharge cycle to see what (usually) single digit percentage of their capacity they actually have.

13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Thank you for the confirmation, Sir!

In this day an age...more details is better.

Beetlebz likes this.