Battery Peq Box

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by zwilliams, Feb 19, 2016.

1. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    Hey guys i am looking for a normal Sized PEQ Box for my m4. By normal size i mean not the Huge one that can hold 2 6 cell sticks, looking for a nice compact NiMH, any one have any suggestions? or am i going to be buying the cells and making it my self?

2. Airborne101

Airborne101 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    What do you define as normal size? The PEQ2 or the PEQ15?

You limit yourself in terms of capacity and power with Nimh. They are larger than Lipo's. While there are a few lipos that will fit in a PEQ15, I don't believe there are any Nimh packs that will.

A PEQ2 on the other hand will fit a small number of Nimh packs. Eliteairsoftbatteries.com makes a few. Coincidentally, their battery packs are excellent in terms of Nimh performance.

3. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    Sorry PEQ15, I'll check them out. Out of curiosity what lipo would I run in my m4? I know I have to do some wire work with I have no problem doing.

4. Airborne101

Chicago
    You will need to know the inner dimensions of the PEQ15 in order to determine which batteries will fit, but once you know that info, look at hobbyking.com.

If you are ok running the battery in the buffer tube, they do make some airsoft specific stick lipos which hobbyking carries.

5. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    It's a front wire system now that was given to me. Plastic upper and lower that is now in the process of being upgraded. I upgraded 6mm gearbox upgraded to 8mm ball bearing as well as fully upgraded the inside of the gear box. I want to stick with front battery's because I hate crane stocks.

6. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
  7. Airborne101

Chicago
    Then buy it and find out the internal dimensions.

8. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    fair enough, so no one offers this already set up?

9. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    I run multiple guns with front wired Peq 15 battery boxes.

Hobby king carries a 7.4v 1600mah lipo made by turnigy that fits the bill perfectly. It's a small losi model.

10. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach

Do I have to do anything special to run a lipo in a gun that's not set up for it?

11. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    Any gun is "set up" for a lipo. Its the fact that on higher voltage lipos, the gun will wear quicker. Usually you need a mosfet to run an 11.1v, to save your trigger contacts. And the basic DIY mods such as shimming and AoE correction. The battery in question is a 7.4v. No need to set up anything, it's similar to running a 9.6v NiMh battery in your gun.

12. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach

SOLD Thank you! ordering some tonight, for full day should i have two on stand by.