battery question

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by stxrus, Aug 3, 2012.

1. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    last weekend due to events we did not play. i had charged all of my batteries but haven't used them. should i recharge for tomorrow or just go with them as is? all my batteries are NiMH (in all 3 AEGs) plus 2 spares. i'm going to start packing my gear soon as was just wondering ...

2. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    If you have a smart charger then why not? If you have just a trickle charger then I wouldn't risk it.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    If you have a smart charger, go ahead and top them off. As previously stated, if not, don't worry about it much.

4. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    everythings alredy packed and i'm not going to unpack.

i figure if the batteries have about an 85% charge i'll be OK

5. crossmanownsjk

crossmanownsjk New Member

Houston
    You should be fine, i lost my charger a few days before an event and just ended up using a battery i charged a few weeks back. It survived the day. (btw i obviously tested it out before hands)

6. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    If you have a smart charger yes. If not then go buy one.

7. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    my original question was about the capacity of NiMH batteries charged a week before, without unpacking the 3 guns, removing the batteries, topping them off, and putting it all back together again and repacking, and not being used. the answer is the all worked fine for aproximately 4 hours of playing on a CQB outdoor (1/2 acre) field. 2 of the 3 were loaners and i ran the other. during the last 2 matches they all began to falter a bit so i called it quits for the guns. i could have brought the backups out but decided not to.

so the answer to my question is - yes, they should be fine.