Battery question

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Faltor, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Faltor

Faltor New Member

Just have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. What is the difference between a 9.6v 1600mAh battery compared to a 9.6v 4200mAh battery? Does the mAh change have any effect on the performance of the gun powered by it?

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    mAh is essentially a measure of a battery's capacity. The higher the mAh rating, the longer the battery lists. 1600 mAh is a pretty standard mini battery and easily lasts me a whole day, though if you're heavier on the trigger your mileage may vary. A 4200 mAh battery is pretty freaking big, and will easily last you a few days.

The other difference is the physical size of the pack. A 4200 mAh pack is going to use subC cells, which are really big. The 1600 mAh pack probably uses 2/3A cells, which are quite a bit smaller. You have to make sure that you get a battery that fits in your gun. In general, most people buy the largest pack that will fit, giving them the most capacity possible.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The 4200mAh will have more than twice the power output of the 1600mAh actually. Ni-mh batteries for airsoft or RC typically have a discharge rate of 12C, that gives the 1600mAh battery a discharge capability of 19A and 50A for the 4200mAh pack. This won't make much difference in a stock gun, but in an upgraded gun it can have a significant effect on ROF and trigger response.

The 4200mAh pack is very big indeed, one of the reasons why I prefer li-po batteries, more power in a smaller package.

4. Faltor

Faltor New Member

Ok thank you guys so much

5. ReconOpsFireteam

ReconOpsFireteam New Member

Mohave Valley
    I think Knief or Archer or someone of that nature should make a huge Battery thread because a lot of battery questions are popping up

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Eh, no thanks. Lol. I'll just stick to answering them on a singular basis.

7. Faltor

Faltor New Member

Battery info

Hey guys and girls I just have some info about a battery experiment that I would love to share with you. I have an old Alienware laptop that is broken. I took the battery out of that which is a 10.8v 3200mah. I change it so that it can plug into my gr25 and it works amazing. If you have a Broken laptop don't throw it away because the battery is useful.