BBs rolling down the barrel after shooting a few rounds :(

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by jmccoy, Nov 1, 2017.

1. jmccoy

jmccoy New Member

Brasilia
    Hello,
    I just got an ICS Komodo and I'm already facing an issue. I fire a few rounds and everything is perfect. But when I stop shooting and tilt the gun down, a BB rolls down the barrel. I didn't make any mods. I already stripped the hop up unit and everything looks normal. The nub is in place and the bucking isn't torn. I haven't noticed if after the BB rolls down I get a dry shot. I already tested the bucking to see if a BB would just slip through it by placing a BB on top of its entrance. What on Earth could be causing this?

Thanks.

2. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

Have you actually got any hop dialed on? If the hop is turned all the way off, or for some reason the hop arm isn't placing pressure on the nub/hop rubber then there's nothing stopping the next chambered BB from simply rolling out.

3. jmccoy

jmccoy New Member

Brasilia
    Hi Hangtight,
    please forgive my near-zero knowledge about mechanics, but is this expected to happen? My old Cyma CM002 never presented this issue even with no hop up adjustment.

Thanks for your input!

4. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

Some do, some don't. Depends on the hop up, the hop rubber etc. Can also be an issue if the hop rubber isn't installed correctly. With the hop and barrel out of the gun push a BB past the sealing lip with zero hop. If it rolls down the barrel then you know what's going on. Now dial in some hop and see if you now need to push the BB past the hop mound as well.

jmccoy likes this.
  5. jmccoy

jmccoy New Member

Brasilia
    Hangtight,
    I applied light force in order to push the BB past the sealing lip with zero hop. Then I dialed some hop on and the BB just stood still inside the bucking. I'm guessing this is a common thing in Komodos? I don't know, maybe. I haven't had time to test this AEG properly yet. But apparently it's nothing to worry about.

Thank you, once again!