Beginner - AEG or GBB?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Indra01, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Indra01

Indra01 New Member

Frederick
    which is more beneficial to begin with. And consider monetary value too. Not too budget and not too hardcore.

Thanks.

2. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Do you mean easier to operate? AEG. More realistic? GBBR. Most beginners choose AEG because of its simplicity.

3. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    You would be best to start out with an AEG. They are typically cheaper and last longer.

5. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I agree with Jake, get an AEG if you're a beginner.

Then, if you want a side arm, GBB pistols are good to start out with.

6. Indra01

Indra01 New Member

Frederick
    They last longer?

And my budget is between $100-$250

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Good to start out with? There are good for newer and experianced players. Go with a jg then spend the rest on gear or upgrades.

8. Indra01

Indra01 New Member

Frederick
    Well I'm interested in GBB mostly because they closely resemble real life guns and they are very good MilSims.

9. Indra01

Indra01 New Member

Frederick
    But I'm wondering if there are any decent ones between $100-$200.

I also want ones that are LOUD. Like close to the decibel level of a real gun. Scare my opponents.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

This is airsoft. That will not happen. There are no explosive charges involved with the bb thus you cannot achieve your desired decible level. It you really want a gbbr get a kwa mp7 or mp9. But you WILL have to spend hundreds of dollars on magazines. The s&t ppsh is the loudest aeg that I have heard. But it is a little pricey. I heard the jg AUG is pretty loud but that is because the gear box is so close to your face I believe.

11. Scarred

Scarred New Member

My first real airsoft gun was a GBB and I turned out okay. No, wait, I didn't... Get an AEG instead.

12. Indra01

Indra01 New Member

Frederick
    Very well then AEG it is. Does anyone know of a GOOD MANUFACTURER of an M4 with mostly metal parts like metal gearbox. Shouts 350 fps + and between the $100-$200 price range.

Also please no RIS.

Hard to find some.

Thanks.

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Dboys is the best brand with your specifications.

14. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Several brands match that criteria in that price range: JG, Echo-1, Dboys, A&K, G&G (Proline only), etc.

However, if you would like a GBB, go with a KWA GBB replica and just yell 'BANG, BANG' as loud as you can while you shoot. :p

15. Indra01

Indra01 New Member

Frederick
    I seem to can't find any M4's WITHOUT THE RIS. I hate the RIS so much it looks so ugly and makes it look different than the real model.

16. Indra01

Indra01 New Member

Frederick
  17. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

18. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Bad reviews, over exaggerates, and most users on here don't support them because of their latest event.

WWW.Evike.com
    Www.Airsplat.com
    WWW.Airsoftgi.com
    Are the most used/respected for their customer service and experience.

19. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Amen, your M4 specifications lead me to an A&K model, my little brother started and still has one. Great beginner gun, and no RIS. It has a plastic body though, perhaps they'll have another one that's a little higher end. I'll try to get a link.

20. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_672_684&products_id=37122

It's not the A&K one i was talking about, but looks almost identical except for the trademarks, the outside is not metal though. Airrattle.com has some as well which are similar, unsure of the quality of the brand:

http://www.airrattle.com/Lancer_Tactical_M4_CQB_AEG_Airsoft_Gun_p/lt-01b.htm

I have used airrattle before (my first AEG), with minor issues (i ordered the last gun at the same time as another, and didn't get it and had to wait until it was in stock) but their customer service guy wasn't the jerk i had been told he was (to me anyway). Hope this helps your needs... and search around the sites too.

Here's another one, King Arms:
    http://www.godfatherairsoft.com/KWA-CQR-MOD-2-p/4263.htm

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012