Airsoft Forum banner

Beginner AEG: The JG G36c?

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Fyzix 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm starting to play airsoft by joining my University's team. Pretty much everyone gets an AEG of some sort when they start out.

So after doing some research, I ran into these conclusions:

Many on these forums say the JG G36c is a good quality beginner airsoft gun for it's price.

I was also reading about the G&G Combat Machine M4A1 carbines.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3

They seem to have outstanding quality for their price (just between $140-$200)

Metal gearbox, polymer, electric blowback, etc.

But I also hear that they are "mid-priced crap".

I really don't like the look of G36's so I would like to avoid them as much as possible.

So if the above are true, that the Combat machines aren't as good as they seem, can anyone please tell me of a good beginner AEG of an M4A1 style specifically.

Preferred price range ($100-$200)

oh and also, do all magazines have that winding wheel to put bbs in the ready tube?

Thanks.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Ok then. Disregarding EBB, how are the Combat Machine guns?
They're ok, as GunNut said. Internals are iffy, wiring is bad, externals are very nice though.

As for the "winding wheels" those are just for High Caps. I prefer midcaps but high caps still have their pros. Such as a higher capacity but they shake a lot and make a lot of noise plus you have to wind them.

Some guns I'd recommend in your price range would be a CYMA AK (CM028 or above), a JG M4, a King Arms M4, or a JG G36.

Also, EBBs are a waste of money. If you're going to get an EBB get a G&G. The pneumatic system means it's not attached to the piston. However pneumatic blowback systems also don't work well with a harder spring and are a source of compression leaks.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: 1337 POSTS. 1337 POSTS.

#7 ·
#8 ·
That is a great gun but it is a little over priced they are about 155 on ASGI. Just get any of the JG m4s and in field you want decent fps but it doesn't matter too much.

#9 ·
If you wanted, you could look at the ICS Sportline. They have a (high quality) plastic receiver and good interals, along with their split gearbox. But they have a few proprietary parts which some people do not like.

#12 ·
Get any ICS M4 Sportline or King Arms M4 AEG.

#13 · (Edited)
Combat machine IMO are the best out of the box beginners guns. They are very reliable and have fairly good performance with great externals. The only problems are the motor and wiring. The EBB versions suck in comparison to the non EBB. EBB=shorter life span and crappy compression.

The JG M4's are also great beginners guns. However they have pretty horrible externals and are also have bad wiring. They are not as good of a beginners gun because the will not last as long before they break however they have more potential IMO.

The JG G36 is also a great gun. I kind of has the best of both worlds. Decent externals, decent potential, great internals.

If I was you I would go for the G&G. Just make sure not to get the EBB version.

Also FPS is huge in a woodland environment. It doesn't mean Accuracy or range, but it does mean puncturing power.

#15 ·
commando5184 said:
What is the ebb version, I have a cm and needed to know..
Electric blowback. It isn't to bad because it is pneumatic and not attached to the piston but it still creates compression problems.

#17 ·
I have the JG G36c also called the MK36 and I have had no problems. Mine shot 375 out of the box on a full battery. I over charged it with a the terrible wall charger and it now shoots 350 but the ROF is pretty nice for a stock gun around $120 my only complaint is the range is, eh not great for field games. From what I've heard the internals are great. And regarding the fps question. I think that range and accuracy are more important. I mean don't go get a 290 fps gun, with 200 foot range, but try and find a nice even list.

#18 ·
FPS IS range isn't it? Feet per second, means the distance the BB is traveling per second. A higher FPS means it would cover more distance in less time. Which is what range is. BB's do not go 50 feet in a fourth of a second and drop dead, nor do they go 300 feet while covering 10 feet per second.

#20 ·
No, FPS is not range. I'm not going into it, you can search and find debates about FPS = range all over the boards.

Imo:
G&G for externals
JG for internals

With a $200 price range, I would suggest ICS or King Arms.

Or get a JG and have room for upgrades, gear and accessories.

#22 ·
Yeah. Internals first, Externals last.

Which is why I probably won't ever have a CM. :p

If you have the money, VFC is the best of both worlds. Hands down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.