Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my son has a Specna arms c-12 core. It's only a few weeks old and has been working fine, however yesterday it stopped firing bbs, the barrel is clear, and the mag is filled and setup correctly (have tried it on another gun). Battery is fine. It is making a firing sound (obviously slightly different tone as no bbs coming out). I've tried turning the hop down to relieve any pressure on the BBs. Any pointers on what to do/check next?

· Premium Member
810 Posts
Take a flashlight and look down the feed tube while firing it. The air nozzle should go back and forth each time it cycles. If not, you probably have a broken tappet plate.

If it does move, make absolute certain the barrel is clear (you can remove the upper receiver to get a clear sight down the barrel) and that your hopup is all the way off.

You could try jiggling your mag around while in to make sure it is seated properly.

· Premium Member
1,230 Posts
+1 on above, would add that you can 'muzzle load' a single BB into the barrel and troubleshoot the issue that way as well: if the BB gets shot out when you pull the trigger at roughly normal speed, you likely are having a feed issue; if it comes out but seems pretty slow, you've got a seal issue or partial jam somewhere; if it doesn't come out at all, you've got a significant jam/blockage.

Would pull the upper off and inspect the bucking + verify the nozzle is cycling as noted above. Wouldn't be to surprising if the lip on the bucking has folded over and jammed you up. Happens when dirty/bad ammo is used etc. The bucking is fairly easy to clean or replace, you'll know this is the issue if there's a BB stuck inside the hop by the feed tube.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take a flashlight and look down the feed tube while firing it. The air nozzle should go back and forth each time it cycles. If not, you probably have a broken tappet plate.

If it does move, make absolute certain the barrel is clear (you can remove the upper receiver to get a clear sight down the barrel) and that your hopup is all the way off.

You could try jiggling your mag around while in to make sure it is seated properly.
yes seems like the air nozzle isn't going back and forth. Can I relive this plate be replaced on its own?

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
It's going to be centered around the object in purple.

It could be disconnected from the nozzle, the spring could be broken or something else related

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
We really don't know how old this model was...or it's use record.

· Premium Member
1,230 Posts
IE, try pushing the nozzle (gently) into the gearbox to see if it's under spring tension or not - will help isolate the issue to the tappet spring or the tappet itself.

Would stop cycling the gun until you or a local tech takes a close look at what's happening, don't want to get anything jammed in your gearset.

Replacing a tappet plate or spring is pretty simple and cheap but if you've never opened a gearbox before it's a bit intimidating.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's going to be centered around the object in purple.

It could be disconnected from the nozzle, the spring could be broken or something else related

thanks

is there a good online video I can see how to take this gun apart? I ve found generic videos but would like one exact to know how to take apart a Specna

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Brought from Patrolbase, but that could have been old/used stock...

· Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Yep, that's your issue.

That little tube like piece is called the nozzle, it attaches to whats called a tappet plate inside the gearbox. When the gun shoots, the gears inside pull the tappet plate back which also pulls the nozzle back, moving it out of the way so a BB can enter the hop chamber. During the cycle / before the gun actually shoots the tappet plate and nozzle return forward to push the BB into the barrel and create an air seal with the bucking. This happens every shot. Nozzle pulls back, a BB enters the chamber, nozzle returns, gun shoots.

Tappet plate
Automotive exterior Bracket Auto part Automotive mirror Metal

Tappet plate with nozzle installed
Tool Font Metal Titanium Parallel

Not the best pictures (I'm on mobile) but hopefully you see how the nozzle slots into the tappet plate. The nozzle also slides over a thin guide tube attached to the cylinder head inside the mech, you should see it sticking out the front of the gearbox now?

· Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Yes, nozzle just kind of slots into the U shaped cutout on the tappet plate.

Possibly one or both sides of the 'U' shaped area on the tappet plate broke or bent, allowing the nozzle to pop out of place? Might have had a BB jam during the game so the nozzle got slamned into it a bunch of times, eventually leading to something giving way.

Gearbox will need to be opened to fix it, not designed to have the nozzle removed or replaced without being taken apart. Take it slow and watch some videos, it's not that bad honestly. Make sure you know how to pop the AR latch from the videos, and be careful with the spring guide - they can get launched across the room :)

· Registered
755 Posts
Pretty sure this model has a quick change spring guide, so that should make your life a little easier. Still, rm is right, I've gotten careless and boing my spring guide is in the wall

1 - 20 of 57 Posts