Airsoft Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes it has the quick release spring. If I remove that will the cylinder head slide back? If so I think I could slide the nozzle back into tapper place without taking apart. What's the reason for not adding some glue to stop nozzle coming out of the tappet plate? From what I can see if it, the tapper plate doesn't look broken.

· Registered
755 Posts
Removing the spring will not affect the cylinder head. Honestly, I guess you could glue your nozzle in, but if you ever want to replace either nozzle or tappet you'd have to buy both a nozzle and tappet because your stock ones would be fused together.

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Quick change will make this much easier :)

Some folks do glue their nozzle to the tappet plate, most don't because you may need to change one or the other at some point. Given than yours came out it might be a good idea tbh, but If you do be very careful you only glue those two pieces together - a drip in the wrong place would cause serious issues. Will need to clean the plastic first, oil grease etc will prevent most glues from bonding. Might lightly sandpaper the area being glued as well, to rough up the surface and increase adhesion

· Premium Member
811 Posts
Take the motor plate off the bottom of the grip, or if that is already done remove the motor and the two (sometimes four) screws from the base of the grip (where it meets the reciever).

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Undo the two large wires on the motor (spade terminals, carefully pull them straight off). There is a gear called a pinion on the other end of the motor that sometimes likes to snag on the way out, usually pushing the motor in and letting it bounce back out will get it to come loose (there's a spring on the other end of the motor too)

Font Auto part Cylinder Tool Titanium

Trigger pin should easily push out in one direction, sometimes one end is knurled. Magazine release button has a small screw on it, back that out and the mag latch should drop free.

After that, unless we're forgetting something.... should come out. I usually set the selector switch to semi.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ok, I'm apart and nozzle back on (seems it just slipped off). Anyhow, the issue I now have is two gears popped out when undoing the cover and I'm not sure where to of the items came from. Help please!

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
That's your AR or 'Anti Reversal' latch, it installs next to where your motor goes. The small spring pushes it against the lowest gear as shown. This latch can be a pain to hold in place when putting the shell back together.

Gas Auto part Machine Audio equipment Electric blue

· Premium Member
811 Posts
That is the anti reversal latch (ARL). Turn it so it is engaging the teeth on the bevel gear (furthest away from spring) and when you turn the gear counter clockwise it acts as a ratchet and you can't turn it clockwise. The spring will probably want to pop the ARL out, so an extra set of hands when putting everything back together might be helpful.

Edit: That^^

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Looks like the AR latch is on the wrong side, compare closely to picture above. Everything else looks good :)

Edit: one more thing actually- rotate the gear that's touching the piston a little bit so the teeth on the gear aren't touching it. Will save you some pain later

21 - 40 of 57 Posts