Beginner sniper

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Asianshortcut, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Asianshortcut

Asianshortcut New Member

Iowa
    I'm beginning to enjoy the qualities of sniping and being a sniper. I don't have a sniper rifle of my own and don't know which is the best and most affordable. I was thinking of getting the WELL MB04 G-22 AWM Airsoft Sniper Rifle as my starter sniper rifle. I'm not sure if this rifle is durable and has good accuracy, plz help Thankyou.

2. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    If your a beginner and you want to snipe just get a m14 or aug. If you do get that gun though you will have to put hundreds into it for it to be any good

3. ARC

ARC New Member

East Lansing
    If anything, save up your money for a bit and invest in a great rifle like, the Maruzen L96 Maruzen APS TYPE 96 Airsoft Gun by: Maruzen - Airsoft GI - Welcome to . Even though it's pricey, you'll still have to strip out some parts and put some more upgrades in there, like higher FPS, better tightbore, etc. But for the most part Maruzen's stock are just boss. It's a tough rifle to find out on the market, so you'll have to do some researching. Cheaper rifles you buy you'll still have to upgrade a ton, the rifle you're looking at, still requires upgrades. You can't snipe in airsoft without upgrading your sniper rifles, because most stock sniper rifles aren't that great. Although if you'd like to lean away from the bolt-action sniper rifles and want to check out some semi-auto sniper rifles, check out the G&G SR-25. By far one of the best SR-25s on the market. The coolest part is, it comes stock semi-auto, so it's still going to give you that "sniper" feel and not having to just go full auto on someone just to get them and you can fire off more rounds and not have to worry about cocking the rifle after each shot. The feel of bolt-actions are cool, but it can't really lay down rounds quickly if someone were to run up on you. G&G Full Metal GR-25 Airsoft Gun ( Battery / BBs / Charger Package / . I plan on picking one up in the future, and upgrading the hell out of it. Also you can't only spend like $130 on a sniper rifle and expect it to go flying 3 football fields and hitting someone right in the forehead. You'll have to throw a ton of money into the gun. Sniping isn't a low-budget way to play airsoft if you ask me.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  4. Asianshortcut

Asianshortcut New Member

Iowa
    Thx does anyone know wats a cheap pistol that's non-blow back? I'm thinking the HK USP CO2 Gas Non BlowBack Airsoft Gun. For those close encounters, you how snipers can't shoot up close, Thankyou.

5. G36airsofter

G36airsofter New Member

lexington
    If you haven't played for more than 2 years or more i don't suggest becoming A sniper and also if you dont have a huge wallet. You need a budget of at least 300$

6. ARC

ARC New Member

East Lansing
    More than $300 ;).

7. G36airsofter

G36airsofter New Member

lexington
    Notice I said "at least 300$" that means the minimum is 300$

8. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Well, become a sniper at your own risk. I'm done telling people not to. Since they just don't listen. Y&P has some really cheap NBB pistols with okay performance. I'm not big on NBBs so I can't really reccommend many.

As for the sniper rifle, be prepared to get owned due to minimal range unless you spend hundreds of dollars in upgrades.

For everyone else, the dollar symbol goes before the number.($100) not after (100$). Just a pet peeve of mine.

9. Asianshortcut

Asianshortcut New Member

Iowa
    Ok I know lots of people told me that sniping is a waste of time, but I just wanna see how far I can get. It's just I'm a field medic and love to snipe, but thx for the advice guys.

10. ARC

ARC New Member

East Lansing
    The lack of grammar on this entire forum is a pet peeve of mine. Coming from a strict grammar forum to this one is pretty much an eye sore. Information here seems to be thrown into "hey dewd u wantz to [email protected] s0m3 air soft with Me? it's gOinG to be like 5$ to play wif me cuz i haf to rent the land from a guy. your going to haf to drive a bit to get to the place. you're gun is cool. hey. man. ur. so! cool?" I say this one needs to get a stricter grammar policy, but that's just me. You're not going to learn much if you can't read the information trying to be given. Information won't make your eyes bleed when you try to read it, and everything just looks more professional and cleaner if there is correct grammar and spelling, and none of this "leet speak" or "internet type" whatever you want to call it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  11. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    you can snipe with a 400 fps AEG. tactics defines a sniper, not his weapon.
    here's a good example that happened to me yesterday. i was observing enemy advances (i was on their frequency) and didn't want to give away my position as they came within 25 feet. i wasn't wearing a ghillie, just my green contractor laying down next to a log and light bushes. 5 enemies advance past me towards the building i was protecting. i didn't shoot at them because it would give away my position. the rest of the advancing team (around 10 came closer). once the building started shooting at the 5, i used my p90 on semi auto and started taking out the advancing group as fast as i could. 10 down and another wave came down the hill. again, i took them all out. still they were yelling at each other to find out were i was. the ref stepped in and yelled dead men don't talk. another wave came by and i started taking them out again. unfortunately, the reinforcement at the building didn't know i was on their team and lit me up. i could be easily seen from the second floor of the building.

after i called my hit, there was no one to stop the next advancing wave and our building was taken over.

for long distance shots 90 yards and over, i use rapid fire with bracketing. not knowing the wind consistency, i shoot in both left, right, up and down repeatedly. knowing what your range is increases your accuracy. i have a range finder and adjust accordingly to where my sights are zero'd.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011