Beginner with gun questions

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Spyder Maker of Rain, May 6, 2018.

1. Spyder Maker of Rain

Spyder Maker of Rain New Member

Austin
    This is my first time buying an airsoft gun and I'm not sure which gun I should go with. I'm not a big fan of m4 or ak models, so I'm kinda looking for something a little different. Should I get

(Cybergun FN-Scar-L ($209)) https://www.evike.com/products/40403/
    (A&K Magpul Masada ($199))http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/450...soft-gun-aeg-rifle-black-magpul-licensed.aspx

I already know I'm going to like the sport, but some of this stuff is kind of confusing. Would one of these guns be recommended or would it be worth it to just buy

ASG CZ-805 Bren A2 ($350)
    ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 Carbine ($400)

If anyone has any input or recommendations for the guns above or the side arms below, feel free to comment. Again I'm new, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

APS Shark Full-Auto GBB ($115) https://www.evike.com/products/71779/
    Elite Force Beretta M92 A1 ($134.95) https://www.airsoftgi.com/product/E...Pistol-Airsoft-Gun-Black-28455/?cPath=139_485
    Elite Force 1911 Tac ($119.95) http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/694...-co2-blowback-airsoft-pistol-w-20mm-rail.aspx

or do I say screw the pistol all together and get something like:

Cybergun P-90 ($119.99) http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/131...g-licensed-by-fn-herstal-black-cb-200934.aspx

The field that's closest to me is huge, mostly outside, and has
    ROE
    500fps
    sniper -100ft
    400fps assault rifle >20ft
    350fps CQB

I know gun fps isn't always as advertised, so any assistance with any of these would be awesome. Also, if you have any other gun recommendations that would be pretty cool too!

Topshotz357 likes this.
  2. Axis

Axis Active Member Supporting Member

The Evo is a nice gun, but you might want to go cheaper for your first gun. That way you can afford quality gear and such :)

Cybergun isn't typically a very good brand as they just rebrand products for a higher price (especially if they have rights to use trades). A&K is alright, but I have a hard time trusting their product after seeing one of their SR25's fall apart on my friend.

If I were you, I'd take a look at the CYMA M14 or JG G36. Evike is also having a special on G&P M14's, which are about $100 more than the CYMA but it'd be worth it for the extra build quality. If you don't like any of these, the more expensive guns you listed are good options and then I'd recommend Cybergun last.

I've seen the EF 1911 getting ripped on recently, but I think it'd be a good beginner pistol. I have friends who have been using theirs for more than 4 years and the thing is still going. Hopefully this helps! :)

3. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    You don't need a sidearm as a beginner. Wait to get one for a while.

What is your budget for just the gun and gun accessories?? Keep in mind you'll need other things, such as good eye protection.

4. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    What I did was ask alot of questions on here then youtube the items for reviews and always buy quality items they cost more but are well worth it...So what do you want to do in the form of playstyle?what's your budget for the gun?what's your preferred gun type ak47 m4 and so on? Last question what fps are you wanting?

Spyder Maker of Rain likes this.
  5. Spyder Maker of Rain

Austin
    It most certainly does. Any brands you would recommend, all the videos on youtube make them all look so good?

6. Spyder Maker of Rain

Austin
    Somewhere between $200-$300 ideally. But if it really makes a difference $400(Evo) plus accessories.

7. Spyder Maker of Rain

Austin
    Unfortunately, the gun style I'm looking for (Scar,Acr,Evo) kind of look. So youtube videos are a little bit harder to come by.
    Dmr style gameplay (>150ft)with the ability to go full auto(20ft-100ft).
    $200-$300 ideally, but I can go as high as $400 if it really makes a difference.
    Lastly, the field has a 400fps rule for rifles so on or around that number would be perfect.

I am open to any and all suggestions, Topshotz237!

8. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    G&P M14 are nothing like their M4's. They are not that solid. Do not buy it, the body cladding is creaky and shifts. I know...I held one first hand. These are the ones with the pistol grip.

EF1911 are getting ripped on because as a whole they are not that good. That is the entire KWC line that is taken into effect for this statement. Just because one person "runs" it doesn't mean it's good. I can cite the stacks of returns of KWC 1911 at our warehouse as a solid fact of their "mediocrity". Plus the lack of "any" aftermarket parts screams loudly of their mediocrity.

Back in the day, I had a Barracuda in Paintball and everyone else ran Sniper II AC, AutoMag or a Spyder derivative. It ran flawless for me and one guy even bought a Jaguar because of how effective it was. In the end it was me and not the gun (well I did made the gun better). Everyone else could see it for the poo that it is, for me it was what i could afford and use.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  9. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    https://www.evike.com/products/56426/
    PTS ACR

10. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    For a dmr scar it's like $500 so I couldn't link that due to you budget

11. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
  12. Mason Hohnadel

Mason Hohnadel Active Member

Harlingen
    I personally own the APS Shark and wouldn't recommend it due to a lot of gas issues I have had with it.
    One of my friends has a Scorpion Evo and they are amazing but you would need to buy some mid-cap mags for it otherwise it would have some feeding issues.

Personally I wouldn't get the sidearm and rather use that money to purchase some mid-caps for the Scorpion Evo and some nicer glasses and gear... because you don't really need a sidearm as a beginner.

13. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    Scorpion isn't a bad choice I over looked that on his post so what Manson said

14. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That is a poorly supported platform. Not much other there for replacement parts...especially when you break the stock.

15. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    Then what acr or scar everything I found was either out of his price range or garbage or a ok item not great but ok at this point idk what to suggest other then that scorpion evo he listed ... what would you suggest bud?

16. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    That is the issue...there is nothing on the market in the style he wants that is within his price range.

The only options is to go A&K Masada/ACR

17. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    The PTS(Ares OEM) ACR has better internals than the A&K, though still not that good. There are upgrades for them, and replacement parts. I don't know if there is a replacement cutoff lever or selector mech available. I was(and still kind of am) considering getting an Ares Masada.

The Evo is the best out of the guns you listed. That SCAR isn't that good, the 805 Bren is actually a King Arms(not the best, though not that bad), and all those pistols should be avoided. I reeeally want an Evo, they're awesome guns. They need a couple things to be more durable(steel spring guide, the gears aren't very good, maybe bushings too). It might be Ares OEM'd, but the compression parts and piston aren't Ares. ASG does rebrand a lot of Lonex parts and the cylinder looks similar to a Lonex. It's on VFC's website but the gears, cylinder, bushings and piston aren't VFC...so I don't know who actually makes it.

18. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    BOA_SPEC,

Where are you seeing items for the PTS Masada and is "in stock". That AEG came out 5+ years ago and the spares for that thing have pretty much stopped. There is also a GBBR version and parts for those are scarce too. I know some people that would be interested in parts for the AEG version and not for the AK lower.

19. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    the long barrel ASG evo looks like a solid choice from what you want. hard to go wrong. heck, it even looks like an ACR lol

Topshotz357 likes this.
  20. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    Yeh get that