Berget 9.

Discussion in 'Staff Reviews' started by Robin-Hood, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Amen brutha. I would want to go to lions claw someday...

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Oh yes, Border War is a Czech OP with a huge foreign attendance.
    It is very similar to Berget, but with less people and more focusing on the LARP part of the game such as: people act according to where they got hit, they can get out of problems by talking rather than by shooting, which is sometimes easier as you may not always need to shoot your way through a village full of unarmed civilians etc.

3. acefrez

acefrez New Member

North Miami
    Do you guys know of any other MilSim game here in the USA beside operation lion claw?

4. HardCoreSoldier

HardCoreSoldier New Member

Operation Eastwind V in Oklahoma is full time immersion, seriously strict uniform requirements, and accurate vehicles, as well as equipment (radios, NVG's, and such) for full time players. Day players don't get the same equipment rentals. It's soviet bloc (Soviet Russia & East Germany) vs. NATO (U.S. , U.K. & West Germany) I know a few people who have attended in the past and they said that it was pretty intense. Once I get my EG kit up to par I will attend

5. acefrez

acefrez New Member

North Miami
    It looks like their are more operations in the USA then I thought.Thanks for sharing ill be sure to check it out.
    Edit:The only problem is they have strict rules pertaining to what weapon you can use and I really want to play the role of a sniper with a TM VSR-10.The only sniper role I found you needed a L96A1 and even to be a sniper you have too attend two prior events but I think'll go there anyways.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  6. HardCoreSoldier

HardCoreSoldier New Member

If you wanna talk about this further pm me, I would hate to thread jack

7. acefrez

acefrez New Member

North Miami
    Ok back on topic: Are you sure this is the last berget cause I check on the website and there was no info of this.Also in terms of wanting to be a sniper in your experience were they use alot at berget?

8. ArmaLite

ArmaLite New Member

Greenwich
    There were snipers at Berget, I know there was one fantastic one who I never saw but did get hit from, he crawled up opposite our main gate and shot me and one other guy before disappearing.. There were about 20 guys going out looking for him but no one reported killing him or seeing him..

9. Fickert

Fickert New Member

Covington
    How much did this trip cost you in total? Food, plane ticket, hotel? I would love to do this as a graduation trip.

10. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

Didn't cost me much, few hundred bucks, but I live in Europe already. Coming from the USA would obviously cost you significantly more. There's a thread about it on the Berget forums by Eagle_Driver who came last year from the states. He has roughed out costs and all that stuff.

11. BlackTroller101

BlackTroller101 New Member

Robin-Hood, you have a sick profile picture!

12. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

Thank you, but this is not on topic. :eek: