Berretta Storm Sniper Project

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by nevereaux, Aug 8, 2012.

1. nevereaux

nevereaux New Member

Houston
    I'm settling into airsoft in competitions now. With friends I have been able to borrow rifles and get to know what I like. I am a great sniper but none of the rifles I have looked at are fully appealing to me. I have old Beretta Storm spring rifle and love it but its not up to par and able to compete on the next level. I know upgrading rifles is common and I love projects. If anyone can give me the technical specs (barrel length, the right spring to put it, cylinder parts, etc) so I can take this on it would be much appreciated.
    Here is the link to the gun: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/Airsoft_Beretta_Storm_Ultra_Grade_Rifle_p/cb-070700.htm

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. TankHunter33

TankHunter33 New Member

There isn't really much to do with that gun. You may be able to do a couple things with it but you want be able to compete with aegs so if you want to be a sniper just think you have to buy a sniper rifle and then do a bunch of modifications and put a couple hundred dollars in it to be able to compete with aegs. There may be a few things you could do to that gun but it would probably require a lot of fabricating part.

3. nevereaux

nevereaux New Member

Houston
    I have been looking at sniper rifles but the good ones are $100+ and then upgrades take a bigger bite :( I don't want to go broke on a gun that rarely gets shot in a war

4. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I used to have that gun. Nothing good can come from those. Airsoft is a get what you pay for sport. If you're not willing to spend the money to get a decent gun, don't expect a decent gun.

5. TankHunter33

TankHunter33 New Member

For a decent gun you will have to expect to at least pay over $100 or you will get a gun that is complete crap, you probably would want an aeg anyways with the cost of sniping and the fact that you only can effectively hit a person at around 250 feet max. You would be better of with an aeg.

6. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    You cannot upgrade a spring gun (to full capacity) unless it is a sniper rifle. Since you are on a tight budget, and if you MUST buy a spring gun, I suggest buying a bar 10, even used is fine, it won't matter.

But even after buying a bar 10, and on a low budget, expect to spend over $200 on upgrades to get it to be able to compete with other guns as a sniper rifle.

7. nevereaux

nevereaux New Member

Houston
    Thanks everyone, that is a little sad i cant do anything but oh well. I was thinking if I had to buy one and just upgrade I would get a Snow Wolf M24, or some cheaper gun and go heavy with upgrades. I want a project so I get to know my rifle, if I could I would do a build from scratch but i have no clue about that or the price range. I am a fast learner and am up for any suggestions

8. nevereaux

nevereaux New Member

Houston
    I want a project, but if I have to start with a sniper and upgrade from there I like the Snow Wolf M24. But I am up for any suggestions. I would love to try a build from scratch, but I don't know where to start.

9. TankHunter33

TankHunter33 New Member

Jg bar-10's and UTG L96's are good guns to upgrade and parts are plentiful.

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    You may want to start with the snow wolf m24. If I'm not mistaken that gun takes aps2 upgrade parts plus it will probably perform better. The way I see it, why not put in a little more money (some of the parts you will need for the m24 won't be cheap) and have a great performance gun vs. Buying a cheap gun and attempting to upgrade it only to find out It's upgrade potential is far less then you were expecting.

In short the storm just seems cheap and with "most" cheap guns you are left with a money pit just trying to get it to perform the way you intended.

11. nevereaux

nevereaux New Member

Houston
    I'll do my research and see which works best for me. What all needs to be upgraded internally? And do you have a good website for guns and parts at a good price?

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
  13. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

14. nevereaux

nevereaux New Member

Houston
  15. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

16. cysko

cysko New Member

i was going to get a sniper but i changed my M4 into a DMR instead, but this is what i had for my sniper/upgrades for it. It will only cost you about $130-$200 and it lets you know the inside of your gun, with some sick power! ;)

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_48&products_id=24315

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_611_612&products_id=35665

also you would need around .40g bb's to make it go at about 450fps, not to mention any other upgrades you would want to add that would bump the fps/range up. That right there could make a shot at around 300-450 feet... ya ouch! you could also add a 6.03 inner barrel which would make your range farther also ;) for under $200.

17. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Heavier bbs reduce fps, but increase range, pain, and accuracy.

18. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    That spring would kill the trigger and just about everything else, would it not?

19. cysko

cysko New Member

Correct, if I was to do that I would be getting .40g bb's

20. cysko

cysko New Member

Not really, you may just need a new piston And cylinder cause with that spring the original ones may crack, but it would mainly just be harder to pull the bolt back.