Featured Best 11.1v LiPo Battery Money Can Buy

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by OutlawAirsoft, Jan 10, 2021.

1. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Member

Hamilton
    Hey guys, I saw a very similar thread but didn't want to hijack it, and plus, my question is slightly different:

If money or cost was not a consideration, what 11.1v LiPo stick type battery would you get? Which one would provide the maximum ROF, trigger response, last the longest without recharging, and is the most durable?

I am looking to replace my Tenergy 11.1v 20c 1000mAh stick type batteries: https://www.ebay.com/p/18012043751?iid=164002024759
    I need to make sure they will fit in my buffer tube and AK battery compartment (the type above the gearbox in the receiver). This is an important airsoft investment, so I want to spend the money and get the best possible result, but the most expensive battery on the market is not necessarily the best option.

One other thing, please provide links to the batteries you are speaking of.

Thanks in advance, OA.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    In stick configuration, there is not much out there. Besides distribution units...there is No option for you other than one of my Kypom units.

Reason why is there is no demand for a "stick" outside of Airsoft for battery configurations.

3. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Member

Seattle
    Then what about just the best Lipo?

4. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    No such thing as the "best" lipo...just like no such thing as the "best" car, food processor, refrigerator, pick-up truck...etc.

If you want a good battery back, then you will have to look outside of Airsoft channels for RC LIPO's.

Otherwise the Kypom 1400mah in 3S is the only LIPO that fit in the traditional AK battery space and is a "stick".

5. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    I am in the same boat. I can’t find any good 11.1 lipos that fit under my dust cover. I do have a Titan 11.1 stick that fits my cyma ak receiver.

@Guges- the kypom was VERY close. It was too tight against the hopup unit & gearbox to close the dust cover without forcing it, which did not seem wise. A pack mere millimeters smaller would fit.

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Which AK did this go into? LCT?

Is this the 19x18mm 138mm pack? If it is...if you do the 45 degree cant before trying to close the dust cover?

7. richman992

Rochester
    I tried LCT and Cyma, although I don’t believe I tried canting it. I will try that, because if it fits, it is the best 11.1 I’ve tried thus far.

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It fits in VFC, TM, Kalash, E&L's and older CYMA's.

Try canting so one corner goes up into the top of the dust cover.

9. richman992

Rochester
    It only fits the CYMA (CM048 receiver) if I use the railed dust cover that attaches to the rear sight block, it does not with the stock cover. LCT still did not.

To clarify, I’m just letting OP know about fitment for AK dust covers. Guges goes absolutely above and beyond as a seller, and I purchased the battery knowing it was a shot in the dark.

It does fit buffer tubes, SCAR stocks and G36C handguards with no issue.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I have another pack in the works. 17x18x180mm

richman992 and aotsukisho like this.
  11. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Member

Hamilton
  12. dajogejr

dajogejr Member

Detroit
    Guges is your best bet.
    Several batteries I bought from him, no disappointments.

13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Me directly...have many 2S on hand in 1400mah - AK Stick style.

dajogejr likes this.
  14. piperdown

piperdown Member

Chesapeake
    Guges - what are the dimensions (mm) on those 1400 mah sticks?

15. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    2S AK are:

KT1400/25-2S AK line
    Flat
    1400 7.4V
    12 x 17 x 185mm

16. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Member

Hamilton
    Do you have those in 11.1v?

17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
  18. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Member

Hamilton
    Let me know when you get more and I would be interested.
    Would they fit the gun that I linked to earlier?

19. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It should and I just ordered a slug of new LIPO's yesterday.

20. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Member

Hamilton
    Thanks, Guges. Any idea on the price I would be looking at for a 3S?

I also have another question, but didn't want to start another thread for it: What are the best goggles when it comes to airsoft? I'm looking for ones that will never fog no matter the temperature.