best AEG ?!

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by skulltaker631, Dec 2, 2012.

1. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Ok so I wanted to get lots of different opinions. If everyone had to choose one AEG or GBB to use right out of the box for outdoor use what would it be. Keep in mind accuracy, durability , and reliability when picking one.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    -___- I would buy a used but heavily upgraded AEG, not an AEG sold by retailers. Just throwing it in there, there is no best.

3. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    IM talking right out of the box. No mods. What brand and what model

4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Marine, that's because you don't even buy food new.

I'm not sure what I would take. Probably some Inokatsu GBBR, if I get extra magazines. Not sure on model.

Edit: Wait, this is like a game, right? Or did I read it wrong?

5. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

On the AEG side, probably a Systema. If you have money that is. But, there is no "best gun." We've had this topic discussed many times....

6. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Inokatsu isn't really that good. Viper tech is better for 1/2 the price.

7. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    Skulltaker.... I am officially upset...... Any old airsofters, techs, or even some new players will all give you different awnsers. Just like religion, politics, and sports teams. Give a price range, its use, and style you want. Then you will find the right gun

8. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Perhaps I should reword then. I am looking for a gun that can be dead on at 300 ft . And has good rof and trigger response. One that is built well and is reliable.

Reason why I ask is my brother is coming home from the army and is looking to get into airsoft. So for Christmas I want to buy him an excellent rifle right out of the box, and one that is not going to need much mods as it gets older

Price range is up too 350$

9. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

You're going to have to buy used. Even then, I doubt you'll find a gun with those results.

10. soviet

soviet New Member

Couldn't he get a gun, then send it to a tech to DMR it?

11. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Yes he could. But I want to get him one for Christmas. And all I wanted to know from People is what gun to get him

12. iMarksman

iMarksman New Member

You'll spend over 1000$ and still may not get 300ft accurately. Your standards are too high. You won't get everything that you listed without spending a lot more than 350$ even used. And you aren't going to reach 300 ft with anything but a DMR or Sniper rifle. And that rules out ROF because DMRs will generally only be used on semi automatic.

Just get a field rifle, something from VFC I'd recommend. And with a few mods you can probably grab 200 ft somewhat accurately

13. soviet

soviet New Member

300ft accurate is hard to achieve stock...

14. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    No airsoft gun I know of can shoot 300 ft dead on right out of the box. Now, with some tuning of the hopup, some velocity increase and heavier bbs, that will bring better results, but not what you want.
    He's Army, so he might want an M4 or M16.
    Long range? M16 it is.
    There are a variety of M16's, since it is such a versatile platform. But you want DMR, so you will need a new barrel, maybe 6.03 tbb, .25 g bbs, a 2-3x scope AT BEST, and most importantly a well tuned hopup module.
    Getting a brand new one with all of these specs is next to impossible, you will have to get used. Used guns are almost always upgraded to outperform stock guns.

15. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    This needs to be your first post. Don't make us play some ridiculous guessing game at what it is you actually want. Just freaking tell us. One of the biggest problems on this forum is that nobody knows how to ask a straight forward question or gives us enough information to work with. Just ask what you want to ask and tell us everything we need to know to help you.

16. soviet

soviet New Member

There you go! That should do you.