Best airsoft guns on the market

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by SpecialT, Nov 2, 2012.

1. SpecialT

SpecialT New Member

Hey what airsoft guns do u guys think are the top of the line, without exceeding $600

2. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

3. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
  4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    The top brands as mentioned above are G&P, VFC, TM and ICS but that is all personal opinion.
    with that price range youll have an amazing rifle. Make sure you get midcaps though because it makes the experience that much better... Also, what platform are you looking into so we can help you find the right rifle?

5. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley

And KA beats all of them.

6. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Even a SystemA PTW? (Note: exceeds the $600 mark)

7. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Of all the airsoft guns I've shot, seen and held, I am always the most impressed with Vega Force rifles (AKA VFC).

8. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I have the VFC HK416 CQB and really love it.

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Unless you are in need of some sort of training weapon to replace real steel firearm, PTW is pointless.
    Plus, simulated bolt lock, charging handle, forward assist can all be put onto a regular AEG with a computerized trigger unit, IE MOSFET.

10. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I dig the fact it is the same build quality as real steel and have the same spec/dimensions instead of everything being slightly off or having cheap pot metal screws and stuff. Plus the ease of cylinders changes is a big win.

Likewise through proficiency and consistency with a PTW it will give you that much more competency with your real rifle.

11. potentialthreat

potentialthreat New Member

I would recommend a KWA any day.

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um no....the build quality is referred to external....
    I don't see how an AEG can have the internal built quality of a real gun....
    You can use that to describe GBBR but not AEG....

Not everyone use cheap pot metal....and most of the screws even on guns with body made out of pot metal are steel.

Ease to change cylinder? Ease to cheat?
    And it's not the only system that allows you to change cylinder or spring easily.

Proficiency and consistency?
    Implying regular AEGs can't do the same?

It's fine, we now know that you have no knowledge on AEG internals.

13. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    I would not. Before kwa I would easy put in order from better to best G&P, VFC, and KA. KWA really isn't all that impressive and I absolutely hate the proprietary hop unit.

Don't tell me it's because I have no experience with kwa because I have. Not impressive. Decent. Not impressive.

14. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Yo-yo Pete,

Edi1st dislikes PTWs. He doesn't value the benefits that they offer, so he feels the need to tear down those who do. Don't sweat it, he's big on talk but short on substance.

15. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley

Yeay, more personal insults from Knief.

16. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

That would be because you know nothing about AEGs. KWAs are decent out of the box performers but when compared to guns in the same price range and even some cheaper guns, they just can't keep up. A G&P or a VFC will serve you much better any day of the week, and have more upgrade options available as well.

17. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    EDI1st, I never mentioned internal components. I simply said spec and dimensions. You're looking to flame so you jumped to the assumption that I was referring to internals. I've had issues with my VFCs externals and spec when doing things like using an AR tool, or changing my end plate to put one on with a sling mount. More so I've had issues with a few components of the VFC and other gun accessories failing due to cheap/weak metal. I've also had included/attached screws in my airsoft equipment disintegrate when turning them. I speak from experience with my airsoft rifle. And if you've ever fired or held a real steel gun, even my higher end VFC 416 still feels like a cheap toy in build quality compared to the real deal.

Some AEGs do not have all the functioning parts of a real rifle, like a forward assist, bolt lock or charging handle. While the forward assist doesnt work the same with a real rifle, functioning and training with it still provides proficiency. Can you perform a SPORTS drill on most AEGs? I'm guessing not. Proficiency and consistency of the operator performing the correct actions is what I meant and what I would value in it.

And why would the ability to change the cylinder mean it would be used to cheat. I see it as practicality to play in different environments or set up your gun differently without as much time and effort as it would be on my 416. Field to CQB indoor. I'd play them different and want a different weapon, but instead of that a cylinder can be swapped to allow the same weapon to play both environments.

I personally speak from knowledge and experience or I dont speak. And the knowledge I have I try to share that and be helpful. You said it was pointless and I expressed my points and to you that makes me A) a potential cheater and B) someone with no knowledge on AEG internals. I kind of see that as an attack against me instead of a discussion on our point of views.

While I dont claim to be an expert, I feel competent in understanding the AEG. More so I'm betting there was a point where you had no understanding of internals which you have since then educated yourself on with research, practice, and experience.

Sorry to derail the thread OP.

18. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Without exceeding $600, there really is no "Best Brand." Every gun has some flaws

19. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    To the OP...

My real advice is to find the gun you like. Maybe it's what you think of as a 'classic' rifle. Maybe it's your favorite in a game you play. Maybe it's the one used by an operator you're doing an impression of. Maybe you want the real licensing and branding on it.

Start to narrow down to which weapon system you want to use and then I think people can start to give advice on which manufacturer and model is the best bang for the buck.

20. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Read the post on the first page again?

"Unless you are in need of some sort of training weapon to replace real steel firearm, PTW is pointless."

Never said it's completely pointless, which you agreed on it by bring up to simulate real steel firearm.

"Plus, simulated bolt lock, charging handle, forward assist can all be put onto a regular AEG with a computerized trigger unit, IE MOSFET."
    For your SPORTS drill.

I never said it'll 100% be used to cheat, just saying there are cheaters who do that.
    Same thing goes for P* and other systems that can adjust FPS easily.

And yet, PTW isn't the only AEG that allows you to do a quick upper GB/cylinder swap or spring swap.

Paying thousands for a gun just to get those when you can get it for hundreds?
    Not worth it.

BTW, dropped my G&P SR-25, from chest high to the ground, still fine.
    Basing everything on only one company, doesn't really work.

Best can be interpreted as in the one with the least amount of flaws.