Best Airsoft Motor

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by CombatCQB, Aug 29, 2012.

1. CombatCQB

CombatCQB New Member

I am just wondering what is the best motor on the market.

2. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    for what application.............................................

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, you do have the TerminusX motors, those are top of the line. Then you have Lonex motors at half the price, not quite as good, but still better than many other motors. I've also heard good things about Element motors, and SHS motors are good if you have a good battery to back it up with.

4. mpanary_fako

mpanary_fako Member

Nashville
    TerminusX motors turned out they are not that great, they are great performers but break easily so not really worth the price. I am not speaking from first hand experience but from what I have read on ASM
    IMO though, Lonex motors are the best bang for your buck performance and quality wise. Then come SHS, Element, Combat Squad, ... that are rebrands of one another.
    JG Red and Blue are good too, red being balanced and Blue purely torque.
    Systema and G&P are good too but are too expensive and have similar performance to the ones I listed above

5. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    IMO TerminusX motors are some of the worst on the market. The QC on them is so terrible that you're more likely to get a broken motor than a working motor. I've got personal experience with 3, and 2 of the 3 were duds, and by duds, I mean they wouldn't even pull an M100. For $80, this is simply unacceptable. The customer service is non existant, Email wasn't responded to for 2 months. I have been severely unimpressed by what is supposed to be the best motors to ever hit the airsoft market.

Lonex motors are top of the line currently. They are of good quality, not bank breakingly expensive, and do exactly what they should.

SHS are alright, they run hot, but they do perform very well.

JG motors are great, as are most China Neo magnet motors. They're just usually really slow because of the amount of torque they have.

6. RCV

RCV New Member

JG reds all the way. No other motor is as well rounded as them, IMO. They are so nice. Right now I have an SHS speed, Lonex Orange and Red, and a JG red. Other crappy motors but non worth mentioning. The JG can handle any application efficiently with lots of speed. They are super rare and I love them.

7. mnmetalhead1

mnmetalhead1 GBB FTW Supporting Member

Hibbing
    Ive never had a problem with a JG blue not pulling a spring, and i just got a used G&P M120 and its ok but i think bang for your buck JG Blues are best because you can swap gears if you want a higher rate of fire.

8. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
  9. mnmetalhead1

mnmetalhead1 GBB FTW Supporting Member

Hibbing
    im using the M120 in a CQB gun so im not worried about torque

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Even when I meant there's like absolute zero torque?
    They start to heat up under 350fps.....

11. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Psh, no worries. Just throw a bigger battery at it. That's logical thinking right?

Attached Files:

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um no...not really...
    You are putting even more current through the motor.....
    More heat.....

13. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

This thread should include a poll. I would have to say Lonex for the money

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Terminus X motors are the best right now. I can't wait for brushless motors. Someone get one to work! Lol.

15. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    TX motors are far from the best. Their QC is worse than chiclone motors and the customer service is non existent. Lonex motors are by far the best motor on the market right now.

And screw brushless motors, they're loud and noisy. Screw all hopes of being stealthy with one of them.

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Really? Hmm. Thanks for the input, star. I'm glad I run Lonex motors;).

17. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Me too, I love my A2 and A4 to bits. The A2 is a proper powerhouse, and the A4 is surprisingly efficient and torquey for a non-neo high speed motor.

18. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    It's a survival thing. I make sure I have something to keep me warm for when I get lost in the woods and can't start a fire. 22v hand warmers are all the rage. And at $30 a pop, what a deal!

19. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    lol
    I guess the keeping yourself warm part will work lol

$30 per pop? You over paid $5~$10