Best ak47 motor under $45?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by jmessi, Dec 16, 2012.

1. jmessi

jmessi New Member

Charlottesville
    Hey guys! I own a JG AK 47 and I want to upgrade my motor. Does anybody know where I could get a good motor for under $45? Thanks!

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

For just a couple bucks more you can get a Lonex A1 or A2, they are excellent motors.

3. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Like Nortech said, save a couple for dollars and get yourself a Lonex.

If I may ask, why are you upgrading the motor first?

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    +1 to this. I bought a A1 motor for my Cyma AK and couldn't be more impressed with the power from it. I didn't even want to put it in my gun, I wanted to build a little throne for it so I could see it at all times.

Lonex make some awesome motors, and they're absolutely worth the money.

5. Grenader92

Grenader92 New Member

Boise
  6. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    I think someone should give him the standard "upgrade this before this" lecture. I'm on app so I will once I reach a computer if nobody else has.

7. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Depending the model of the AK, you may or may not have metal bushings. If you don't pick up some, they're cheap: like $5 after shipping. (Glue them in) Maybe pick up a new piston, JG Ak pistons can be a bit weak.

Next, reshim your gears, correct AOE for optimal longevity; regrease and perfect compression aid as well. A new motor, especially a Lonex A2, will bump ROF up a bit. Performing these upgrades/mods will increase it's longevity.

You don't NEED to perform these, but, like I'v said, it will increase longevity.

8. jmessi

jmessi New Member

Charlottesville
    Thanks guys! Your input has been really helpful :)