Best brand for ak47s.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by BwKoolG3y, Nov 7, 2012.

1. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Im looking into getting an ak47. Ive been looking at a cyma new 2013 ak47 CAW with RIS rails. Its at airsoft megastore for 117.99 its retail price is 285.
    So my questions are:
    1. Is this a good deal?
    2. Are cyma ak47s good quality?
    3. Is airsoft megastore a good place to buy from, or if not, is there any other place that buys from the manufacturer, that gives the same deals?
    4. If cyma isnt a good brand, whats another brand that makes good ak47s for about the same price?
    Ok, thats it. Oh, if anyone knows of a good co2 pistol/smg thats has blowback and is under 90 dollars, please let me know.
    -thanks.

2. bob19922

bob19922 New Member

Old bridge
    Cyma ak's are very good guns for beginners I have one and their great. I personally prefer airsoft gi because of the coupon codes and free shipping over $100. But we need a link.

3. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Ok. But the reason i chose megastore was because theyhave the free promo offers, and free shipping over 150. And i know the free guns are bad, but still its free.

4. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

I'm pretty sure you get one or the other. Not free ship and free gun.

5. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Im pretty sure you do. Because you dont enter a code for shipping

6. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

Huh, I could've sworn they had a code before. Oh well.

7. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I can vouch for CYMA, brilliant AKs IME and fantastic to upgrade. Just need to tune it like any other AEG and your good to go. Their XYT gearsare solid and can pull almost any spring with a standard 9.6 nimh battery. Pistons run for a long time even with the dodgy aoe, however with that adjusted, can last for much much longer. Decent air seal too and springs come field ready.

8. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Personally I wouldn't get it from airsoft megastore. I know people who have had sub par experiences with them, and I would buy from a more popular retailer, for something as important as an AEG

If you have a local store, always go there first

9. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Uh well. I vouch for Cymas and Dboys. Cyma has better internals though so if you want to do less internally get that.

Also you can get better prices at Evike or Airsoft GI.

10. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Must be one fak of a compressor mate!

11. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I'd love to see someone trekking around the field hauling an air compressor

12. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    Cyma is a good brand for the price. They have better guns for more money but its still a good deal. Megastore is a good site I use it evike, and airsoftgi too. Another good brand for ak is echo1 and G&G are good quality guns but cost about $150. Aka are great starter guns though. Easy to maintain and they have a 600rnd high cap magazine so u can play for a while without reloading.

13. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Thanks for all the help, i will look into those other brands, brut from the looks of it cyma seems like a pretty good company. And for the websites, i might check out airsoft station, or airsoft rc.com

14. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Just a thought here, you could always get a jg ak and just replace the wiring, and maybe the nozzle and bucking (these are what gave me trouble) I know everyone says they suck, but they really don't, I owned one for quite a while and it was my baby. JG gears are better than CYMA gears, and so is the JG motor. Stock ROF on the jg whoops the CYMA any day. It's not the best option, but of you're planning on upgrading anyways, then it is definitely the route you wanna go, at least in my opinion. I replaced the nozzle and bucking in mine and it stood up to almost a year of lots of sustained fire and midcap mag dumps, and still worked until I broke one of the motor connectors.

15. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Get an echo1 bro, best AK I've ever handled

16. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

CYMA's AKs are some of the best for the price internally speaking. DBoys AKs are better Externally speaking.

17. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    My gun is echo1 and I love it's amazing

18. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    CYMA motors are pretty solid IME, not the fastest but decent torque. And xyt are some of the most reliable stock gears in the business.

19. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Awesome. But just wondering, airsoft megastore says the retail price of the gun im looking at is 285. They have it priced at 117. When i got to other websites they also have it listed for around 117. So whats the actual retail price of the gun?

20. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    117. they do that so you feel like you're getting a deal. Consider buying it from evike instead. I have nothing against airsoft megastore, never had any issues, but I have heard plenty of stories. I feel like evike or airsoftgi have a much better reputation.