Best cheap scope?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by MilsimMayhem, Dec 23, 2012.

1. MilsimMayhem

MilsimMayhem New Member

Brentwood
    I plan on getting a polarstar soon so hopefully I will finally have a rifle that actually needs an amplified scope.
    I am looking for something that is easy to look through (as in I don't need to hold my face at an impossible angle to see through it) and has descent amplification for use with aiming and spotting. Does anyone have any experience with good scopes in the $40 range? I care more about functionality and price over size, weight, or looks.
    Also would it be better to buy an airsoft scope or spend a little more on a used real scope? Should I check out some gun shows and see if I can find something used for cheap?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. From what I can tell scopes seem to be one of those hit and miss things when it comes to quality.

2. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    Maybe a holographic sight, a replica is good enough.
    ps: buy a scope protector, or else…

Attached Files:

3. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    A 3x scope is ideal for airsoft and there really is no need to get a scope past 4x as most bbs dont travel that far.

Most players I have seen use the Eotech & 3x magnifier combo.

4. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    Yea I agree:) <3 tht combo

5. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    I would just go with your average hunting scope3x-9x zoom may not be needed but you can very easily describe targets what they are packing at longer distances and they'll be about the same price.

I have a tasco 40mm 3x-9x zoom on my sniper that may not be needed for you.

6. MilsimMayhem

MilsimMayhem New Member

Brentwood
    Ouch I will definitely get protectors.

Is there any specific brand that is relatively cheap but effective for a magnifier?

We usually play in a thick wooded area and you usually don't even see who hits you, which is why I need a spotting scope. Do the magnifiers zoom a lot like a crosshair scope? Eotechs are out of my budget, even all the clones I have seen, so is there anything I could use with a magnifier that is cheaper?

7. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    You can get replica scopes.