Best Flashlight?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by valleywarfare, Nov 16, 2012.

1. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    What is the best mountable flashlight that I can buy for the best price? One that is bright and has a strobe feature that is great for stunning enemies and for night play! Thanks!

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    there is no best its all personal preference. I love my M4 handguard light by Element or G&P. they are 190+ lumen and work amazing. they dont strobe but it doesnt matter because of how much light they give.
    for pistols I like my Streamlight TLR-1s. 130 strobbing lumens

Element Surefire clones are not bad either. good output of around 110-130 and look the same

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

3. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Check Fenix out. Good for the price. I got TK21, but there's a TK22 now which is better: http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=185 Probably run around $90. Great quality, 2nd to surefire which are crazy expensive.

If you want to go for an impression down the road, then get a surefire or a clone.

4. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    So how much is a surefire clone? And are they still good? And Protectionperfection, could you give a like to the G&P M4 flashlight?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  5. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I personally dont know... I havent researched... My TK21-U2 is about 460 lumens. Here's what it looks like mounted. It has pressure pads, but I dont recommend them as it's too easy to accidentally trigger the light, which in the dark could be as bad as a negligent discharge if you dont want to be found.

I run a magpul AFG and want do to magpul ladder covers and then got a awesome light. If I had to do it over, I'd go surefire clone as I'm going to get ready for MilSim and I'll probably save the fenix for my real steel as that's not going to be an impression, just functional. Going to swap grip and AFG for tan/dark earth and do the ladder the same. Maybe the MBUS as well.

A good clone will be a decent light, but it's not going to be the same quality that you bet your life on as surefire's are. Surefires can be several hundred dollars. A good clone will probably be under a hundred.

[​IMG]
    (Ignore that the rear MBUS is mounted backwards)

6. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Nice 416... I really like your setup. What is a good ideal lumen? And how much was your Fenix?

7. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Thank you. Expensive hobby.. wish I had a load of cash to throw at it and just get it all done. lol

Was like $90 with shipping I think... The TK22 I think is a better light.. .brighter and more compact, same price. (Plus has a toothed face where mine is round so like looks more tacticool.)

For ideal lumens, 200 is fine. You dont want to completly blind everyone. The TK lights have 3 brightness settings and that disorient feature. So at night or indoors you can adjust it for the area. Field you'd probably want more than indoors at night. Michigan Airsoft had a lumens discussion: http://miairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=accessories&action=display&thread=45003

8. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
  9. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Seems like that would do the trick... On mine I can do the 1/2 press of the on/off switch to have it come on and go off when I let go. Instead of a full click on and then click off. That one says 'Constant On/Off' so I dont know if it does that. It also doesnt strobe, but I dont know if you want that, or even if it's practical at all.

10. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Yeah, I'm fine with no strobe, I just thought it would be cool! So is this bright enough?

11. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I honestly cant say.. .the reviews people say it is. Mine is stupidly bright, like daylights where you shine it at night. Probably is over kill. For the price, I think it'd do you right. Are you going to play a lot of night/dark games?

12. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
  13. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Seems way legit... Pretty bright, has the pressure on/off switch on it (which I like) and if you want it even has a pressure pad:http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37080

Mount is sort of built in so you dont need to buy them separate. Says it comes in the 3 colors: Matt Black / OD Green / Dark Earth Tan.

All and all sounds like a good deal for the money. It's nice and compact. Uses that weird battery, but mine does too. Most of the fancy flash lights seem to use those anyway. Without being an expert. I have no qualms. You could always start a 'Going to get this rail mount light, and feed back?' type thread if you wanted a broader opinion.

14. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Okay, thanks so much!!............

15. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    If you remember, let me know what you think when you get it all set up. :D

16. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    I will!...............

17. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Also, if I get the $30 one, what mount should I get? And how much where you MBUS's?

18. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I got the real MBUS, so the set was like $80 or so. Note that they dont come in a set, if they do, then it's probably a knock off. I'm not sure on the PTS versions which is like magpuls airsoft versions. The real deal is 'Gen 2 MBUS Front' or Back. Lots of fakes out there for some reason.

The $30 has the mounts listed under it on the evike page I think. There might be different ones if you google the light name and add mount behind it.

19. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Okay, cool. Thanks!!.......

20. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden