Best full-metal M4 under $1,750: AEG, GGB.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by modularvideo, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Jonnyboyman

Jonnyboyman Member

St. Paul
    Looks good! Comes with the nice engraved trademarks too right?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That would be a no.

[​IMG]

3. modularvideo

modularvideo Active Member

Los Angeles
    Thanks! Unfortunately, no markings. But the pre-order price was right and it comes with a "MOSFET trigger." Hopefully, that means an actual MOSFET-circuit is installed.

4. modularvideo

Los Angeles
    Going forward: "Best gun" buying strategy, part trois.

Back on-topic, again. Although I'm pretty much done buying guns for now (the KWA T10 was my "good gun" purchase), I saw some premium-priced brands at RedWolf which don't seem too often discussed here:

• ICS
    • LCT
    • RWC
    • RWA
    • ARES
    • Angry Gun

Again, I'm pretty much done for now, but was curious what the consensus on these are.

Basically, what I did was I bought a ton of budget M4s/M16s, both for fun and for filmmaking-props, all Epic Deal, sub-$200 guns (but still seemingly decent), and one premium gun, the KWA (using the $60 Black Friday discount). I would love a KWA HK417, but I think I'm good for now.

The KWA T10 is simply gorgeous. Holding it in my hands this morning gave me the same feeling holding the Tokyo Marui did. The KWA will be my one "fancy gun," getting all the best accessories, and the one I'll shoot most often. I would've preferred to pay a little more per gun and bought KWA versions exclusively, but they're rarely in-stock at US dealers.

Someday, I may make that "super-order" from Asia with a friendly broker where the California state and local sales tax savings alone would be significant.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Premium Brand is a subjective term.

These brands:
    • ICS
    • LCT
    • RWC
    • RWA
    • ARES
    • Angry Gun

RWA/RWC is just Red Wolfs House Brands. Made in China at the core, uses commonly produced parts from Taiwan for the added "bling" in looks.

ICS is not a Premium Brand. To many QC issues...have held them back as a premium producer. Three ticks below G&G on brand "goodness".

LCT is one of the brands you should get if you want an accurately made "replica". Especially AK's.

Ares - Crap. All show...no go, unless they make something under contract for another company (ASG). They are also in the same "building" literally as A&K and is the other twin of S&T. If they make something themselves, its not going to be good. Other than initial looks...

Angry Gun is just a small parts seller of parts made in Taiwan/HK ODM/OEM scene...they make some innovative niche items for TM. But, what they sell is commonly found under other names for they dip from the same factories as other brands who sell the similar parts.

modularvideo likes this.
  6. modularvideo

Los Angeles
    Wow! Very interesting analysis, Guges—thanks!