Featured Best G36c replica?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by CrimsonGuard, Jul 18, 2021.

1. CrimsonGuard

CrimsonGuard New Member

Hoogezand
    I've decided to get a HK G36c as my first airsoft replica, but now I have to decide which one to get. Ive heard great things about the Umarex/Elite force G36C, but most topics I could find were a couple of years old, so maybe something has changed? Which versio /brand would you reccommend?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That model is not currently being made by anyone other than Umarex/EF for USA consumption and they are not making a lot of them.

Best one would be a KWA model...but those aren't made either...you are left with:

Tokyo Marui - Not sold in USA
    ICS - one off and you have to get from Asia
    U/EF-Ares/S&T - Your only USA choice.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021

3. CrimsonGuard

CrimsonGuard New Member

Hoogezand
    That is disappointing to hear. Is it normal for brands to limit production on a model, or is this because of low demand? I noticed I mentioned the "c" version, but I'm actulally looking for the medium length rifle.

I'm planning on assembling a German/KSK loudout and I prefer the HK G36 over the HK416 A7, so I guess I'll have to be lucky to find one. I live in Europe so maybe that makes it easier (or worse :S) to find one.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Well that makes a difference. From a hard to get AEG to a nearly impossible to get AEG.

Shopping in EU should make it easier.

Ask on Arnies who a has good line on them, being that is a EU Centric Airsoft Forum versus this forum which is USA centric.

And is a supplier in German like Begadi has some of your parts and perhaps the AEG you are looking for?

https://www.begadi.com/s-t-st316-k-s-aeg-tan-frei-ab-18-j.html

[​IMG]

5. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

KWA G36c is solid, the only negative is small battery space and the gearbox is not ETU compatible like the newer KWA gearboxes. Fitting a Gate Titan required dremel work

6. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    I have had good luck with many JG G36's in the past. Decent enough internals and externals, and they make a number of models (C, K, E among others) to suit your needs. You may also want to look into the WE G36 AEG. It seems to be a step or two higher than the JG in terms of build quality.

JHat likes this.
  7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Oh hey...some low end makers are making G36s...now that I am searching.

You could perhaps get a Golden Eagle G36K or a WE unit in EU, perhaps? However, no doubt these units will be unmarked.

8. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    The JG G36 is super picky with magazines and has a hard time feeding if the magazines aren't perfect. I had two of them. Otherwise, it's a super reliable gun. Just replace the stock motor with something stronger.

Also briefly owned an Ares G36. Utter garbage. Much of the pot metal front end crumbled in my hands when I disassembled it.

9. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    I had an umarex… One of the bushings jumped out of place and wore out the GB shell pretty quick. So if you go that route, make sure you at least reshim and epoxy the bushings before using it.

A good friend has the Ares EBB G36, and it’s been an excellent replica. Only issue we had with it was they used a polymer tooth piston, and with the extra stress of the EBB we stripped it out after plinking with it for a few years. We just replaced it with a metal rack piston, problem solved. But it’s not picky about magazines, and has had no other issues in the 7+ years he’s had it.

10. CrimsonGuard

CrimsonGuard New Member

Hoogezand
    Thanks for all the information guys. It seems not all hope is lost. I will check the Arnie forums (I was not familiar with them) and take a look at the other makers.

aotsukisho likes this.
  11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Arnies is technically the largest Airsoft Forum in the world.