Best gas for single projectile grenades?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by Overwatch97, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Overwatch97

Overwatch97 Active Member

So I have an S&T M320 grenade launcher I got some time back and I use it as a standalone side arm (kinda like in battlefield) with one of various AEG rifles and carbines I own depending on the scenario on a sling along with bb shower grenades. Although great in cqb room clearing, I decided it would be much more effective (and much cooler) to launch single projectiles longer distances for use taking out bunkers, vehicles, and groups of people. I want the grenades to fit in a short m203 grenade pouch, so carrying foam rockets is out of the picture for me. So I decided maybe buying the G&P rubber cap launching ones. It gives a decently ranged single, cheap, easily replaced projectile, and it will surely fit in my pouches completely.

My question however, is what type of gas will offer me the best range on these single projectiles without damaging the grenade significantly? Propane, Green Gas, or CO2?

2. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    CO2 will always give you the best range, since it's the most powerful. It will wear down the grenade if it's not upgraded, but I'm not sure how one would upgrade a grenade shell...? There's hardly any difference between GG and Propane, but Propane is generally more powerful, just be sure to lube constantly.

3. Overwatch97

What about the TAGINN grenades? I've been looking at those too. And man, they are awesome. I might buy a starter pack for use in milsim games if they allow them. They say you should use green gas in those, but what if you used a more powerful gas such as co2 in those grenades with the archangel or repo rounds?

4. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    TAGINN's are great, never used any personally, but they finally have a good grenade launcher which is fantastic.
    I would be wary of using a High power gas, because if something DOES go wrong, it would most likely fail catastrophically (BOOM)

People seem to have perfectly fine results with Propane, as the rifling helps a lot. You're not really ever going to be firing the grenade at a distance that could not be achieved.

Basically, if you plan on using Taginn, use Propane. If you plan on using grenade shells, look for a CO2 grenade, like Madbull.

5. Overwatch97

I got a starter pack of the ARCHANGEL TAGINN grenades. I have fired 2 at a tree and they go really far, but are not exploding....

6. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    Are they still intact?

7. Overwatch97

Nevermind. They were in tact so I shot them at closer range at a tree and they exploded. Very impressive explosion and sound it emits. I live on a huge parcel of land surrounded by wood so nobody should care