Best GBB pistol

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by slipshot139, Sep 18, 2010.

1. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

Ottawa
    I am looking into buying a GBB pistol and I don;t know what is the best one out there. Come on guys let me here your recommendations. I really like the look of Socom Gear's pistols but.... I think that you guys know best. Help a brother out. :D

2. chaosnemesis

chaosnemesis New Member

TM Hicappa 5.1. It's an absolute work horse and when you get tired of the look ,there are an infinite number of upgrades and aftermarket parts to customize it to your taste

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Western Arms SCW with a Shooters Design or Prime slide and frame kit, enhanced Guarder nozzle, SD floating valve, Nine Ball piston head, with a TBB and Firefly bucking.

4. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

Ottawa
    The Western Arms SCW seems a little out of my price range, I am looking more into the $100-$150 range. The WE has alot of variants and price ranges though...

5. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Hey, you asked for the best, not what's best for a specific price range... :D

6. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

Ottawa
    Ok ok. I know my question, thank you for the contribution Sparky. :) I will keep that pistol on record though as the best of the best. :D

7. Tendrop

Tendrop New Member

Baltimore
    Question about the TM Hicapa: I have heard from some that the stock frame is plastic, while others say that it's metal... So someone who owns one, can you clarify which parts on the (stock) TM Hicapa 5.1 are metal?

8. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    The frame and slide are made of(high quality) ABS plastic,,

9. Tendrop

Tendrop New Member

Baltimore
    Right, thanks. I figured that a question about the TM Hicapa would belong in the 'Best GBB' thread.

10. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

Ottawa
    Haha. "high quality" you know their kidding you when they say "high quality" but there are metal frame kits out there too, if you are interested.

11. Tendrop

Tendrop New Member

Baltimore
    I'm actually very interested in a genuine TM Hicapa 5.1... Too bad about the price tag, especially if you're planning on upgrading to full metal. It's either a WE PDW or a TM Hicapa right now for me...

12. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    The TM Hi Cappa is made out of very good quality plastic that is more than up to the job of running green gas.

13. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

Ottawa
  14. Tendrop

Tendrop New Member

Baltimore
    From reviews that I've read, that is one of the best NBB's on the market, but (at least for someone like me) non blow-back would get boring.

15. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

Ottawa
    Well, they sell these at Wally world here in Canada so they are very accessible to me. But they are clear. But I have about $200 worth of spray-paint kicking around just for this reason :D

16. chaosnemesis

chaosnemesis New Member

The mid frame is metal but grip and slide are plastic. Even though it's plastic, it feels very sturdy and after several thousand rounds there's no sign of wear. It's definitely a "high quality" dense and durable plastic.

17. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

Ottawa
    Thanks, I will consider this one. And I will look around on the sales threads for any pistols that catch my eye :D