Best "Gun Cam" and modifications

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by howie3601, Jun 17, 2017.

1. howie3601

howie3601 New Member

I want to start using a Camera on my rifle to capture my hits at a longer distance. I've heard of the Mobius, contour, and the run cam 2. Which out of these would be the "best" in your opinion and would it be recommended to do the lens modifications? I don't care to much about quality but Battery life is my main concern, along with it not looking pretty stupid and bulky on my rifles. Which is why I like the Mobius and Run Cam 2.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. xDylan03x

xDylan03x Member

Valdosta
    I have a mobius and like the slim look on my gun. I just zoom in post editing but I think they're are zoom lenses somewhere. Also BrainExploder makes a mount for the rail.

3. rackyle

rackyle New Member

Rolla
    The mobius is going to be your best best out of the three. While the other two DO create really awesome footage, you have to vertically mount them to the side of your barrel. Also, it is highly recommended that you use the protective "water proof" cases that come included with them when running them. The Countour and Run Cam are both larger, so bigger targets and easier to hit. The problem with this is that when you're running them in those cases, you get a real bad "fish eye" effect where the corners or your videos are rounded/bubbled.

The standard mobius is around $70 on Amazon right now, but I'd suggest going for the mobius 2 (also on Amazon) for $98. With the 2, you get 720p @ 120fps or 1080p @ 60fps. The original is only 720p @ 60fps and 1080p @ 30fps.