best gun for cqb/speedsoft?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by xexsync, Oct 4, 2015.

1. xexsync

xexsync Member

Kansas City
    I play a lot of cqb/speedsoft, and i currently run an hpa setup. Im looking into getting an aeg, but i don't know what would be best for this style of play. Any suggestions? I want something with a decent rof and something thats reliable.

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    "What's the best vehicle for racing?" That's basically what you asked. You've gotta give us some specifics.

FPS range?
    Gun Base?
    Numerically define "decent rof":
    Budget?

-mobile device-

3. xexsync

xexsync Member

Kansas City
    The thing is, I don't really have any specific requirements for it. The base gun doesn't matter to me, as long as it works. I would prefer something of an m4 style maybe. I am mostly concerned with performance, looks aren't a big deal. As for the price range, I have set a $230 limit for now, but that may change. And the rof, I am not too familiar with what most stock guns are, because I don't normally use aeg's, but maybe something within like 20 - 25/30? Thanks for the reply,

4. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville
    For speedsoft trigger response is arguably the most important quality aside from ROF. I would recommend a Krytac, but in the $230 range, maybe look into finding a used KWA or G&P.

5. Badler

Badler Member

Los Angeles
    My question is, why are you waning away from hpa? It's arguably the best stock system on the market.

6. xexsync

xexsync Member

Kansas City
    I agree it is one of the best guns i've ever used, but i'm contemplating turning it into a dmr style rifle for outdoor play. It's a tippmann, so it's got amazing range and accuracy, and it's rather long for cqb in my opinion.

7. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore

Maybe he wants to build his gun up over time, into the best possible gun for him, this is what I am doing. HPA may be nice but if you put the time money and research into an AEG it can be the best system on the market

8. xexsync

xexsync Member

Kansas City
    This is what I am planning. I've been researching for about 3 or 4 days now and just can't seem to find a good base m4 that is good, but also upgradeable. Have you come across any decent platforms?

9. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    Based on what I've read, and some personal experience speedsoft:

You'll need:
    A base gun, M4, so someone else can recommend that.
    Well feeding mags, able to feed fast and reliably.
    High Torque motor for trigger response.
    Speed gears (just going to assume, since trigger response time is key, and fps isn't the main goal)
    You could consider a DSG, but if your tech skills aren't so great, then... Also overspin may become a thing, not sure.
    An electrical setup that can handle a high output battery (11.1, 30c...?)
    MOSFET (one of the good hardwired ones, I can personally recommend the GATE NanoHard, but there are better ones out there)
    Hair trigger...?

I think that should be an ok start for internals. And of course the standard haul.

10. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

As well as;

Steel spring guide
    Steel bushings
    Corrected AOE
    Air Nozzle w/ the oring

11. xexsync

xexsync Member

Kansas City
    Thanks!

Thanks for everyone who recommended things. I'm definitely planning on using some of this to put together a good setup. Thanks!

12. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore

A g&p m4 will work great

13. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    A lot of speedsofters at my field use the TM Hi Capa. You could even tap it to HPA if you wanted to and never worry about running out of gas.

14. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    That's what I consider the standard haul lol

A spring as well, me thinks ;)