Best gun for the price around $120

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by burkyboy, Oct 13, 2012.

1. burkyboy

burkyboy New Member

So I want to buy a gun for my little bro who is turning 11 in the next month and I have a relatively tight budget of $120. What is the best starter aeg for this price range that is somewhat small? The g36's I know are great but I think it's too big for him...all suggestions are welcome!

2. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I would consider looking into a galaxy Mp5 they are small and are only 100 dollars so you could buy and extra mag or two.

3. burkyboy

burkyboy New Member

He's actually had a JG mp5 but that one failed. Horribly. The thing basically fell apart. Is galaxy a good brand? Haven't heard to much about it...I'd like to get something JG or something tho just cuz they seem to be good beginner guns...

4. T0k3N

T0k3N New Member

I agree. An mp5 of some sort would be a great way to go. You can find them for all prices and they're a generally small firearm that most times has a collapsible stock. It's also a gun he can grow into. And would be fairly lightweight. A cqb m4 is also a good gun to look into. Those are all over the place!! And since most aeg platforms are ak or m4 the upgradability is high. Good luck! :)

I will say however that in doing my research on the mp7 (both wells and TM) they're NOT a good gun to buy. They shoot at a measly 600RPM and around 250FPS.. I have a marui mp7 I was going to have repaired for $100 but then found that our and opted not to just yet. So I'd say stay away from the mp7's and 9's.. Maybe just get him a pistol for now? I have an elite force 1911 that's had several thousand rounds through it and has yet to have a single issue! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  5. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    Cyma ak-47. You can get them for $100, they will last forever, and you can get a fairly small one,try googling th cm.28-s

6. burkyboy

burkyboy New Member

How well do the cyma ak's shoot? I've heard both good and bad. What about external quality?

7. airsoftplayer14

airsoftplayer14 New Member

You should get him a lancer tactical m4. There only $96 of Airsoft gi, there light weight, good internals(i am currently using one as my primary), and they have a fps around 380 so it could be used in indoors but mainly for outdoors. Also it has a full metal gearbox with a pre upgraded ball bearing spring guide which is a plus. Hope this works. Also i forgot it has a rate of fire of about 15 bbs per second and it is accurate.

8. bob19922

bob19922 New Member

Old bridge
    Lancers are not that great I agree galaxy mp5 is definitely better.

9. airsoftplayer14

I dont know about that because i have shot about 100,000 rounds through it and not a stripped piston or anything wrong with it

10. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    But an mp5 would be a better fit for a smaller 11 year old and it's Fps is already CQB legal at almost all fields.

11. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

12. airsoftplayer14

You definitely right on that one though.

13. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Yep when I first bought my JG Mp5 I was crushed to find out it was not CQB legal at my field but they gave me a rental for 5 bucks so it wasn't too bad.

14. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    The CYMAs will shoot better than any other $100 gun. But if you are looking for it to be REALLY light i would go with the galaxy mp5k.

15. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Basically to sum it up, do not get a lancer tactical. The externals are crap. Get either a galaxy mp5k, or a Cyma Ak model CM028 and higher. But do not get a JG AK...also the cyma may be a little too hot for cqb.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  16. calebaj

calebaj New Member

CYMA CM 0.35.

Get the full metal version if you can, which is about $110-$120.
    It's a good solid starter gun that packs a punch right out of the box, and will fit a little person well.

17. airsoftplayer14

The externals a crap but the internals are good. Heres the thing he is only 11 he isn't a professional airsofter All he needs is a functioning gun airsoft gun that will last, and his price range is only $120 you dont hAve many good choses to choose from. The only thing i can suggest is a g&g combat machine its $140 though. I would just spend an extra $20 to get more quality internal and external.

18. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    NO, NO, NO, do not get a CM, get the Cyma ak.

19. AppleJuiceChristmas

AppleJuiceChristmas New Member

hoover
    Great advice here. Cyma AKs are great, and this is both smaller and better preforming than the cm028, for about the same price.

20. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Internally yes buy the externals are not comparable to a CYMA AK or even a galaxy mp5.