Best Hi-Capa Brand for a Budget

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by moomoose, Oct 18, 2012.

1. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    Hey guys, I'm planning on doing a hi-capa build at some point in the future, so I'm shopping around for stuff now. My budget will probably be around the $200 mark. I would like to find a nice hi-capa that doesn't eat up the majority of said budget. I've heard TM's are really great performers, but they're a little out of budget, and I don't want to spend a whole lot of money getting a full metal body and frame (as a rule plastic GBB's drive me nuts). I've heard KJW does a nice hi-capa, but all the KJW guns I've dealt with didn't preform to well (one of said guns is my friend's hi-capa that shoots every which way but straight after two feet). I would go with WE, but I've heard that their internal quality isn't too great, and the have horrible efficiency. Any advice you guys can provided is appreciated.

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I know you said that, but it'd be overall better and less heartbreaking just to get the TM HiCapa.(Don't get the Xtreme) While KJW is a TM clone and metal.....TM is the original, the blowback is awesome, parts are available, and you can leave it stock for a while without problems. But if you don't agree with that, the KJW Xccelerator is as it's already upgraded.

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well, if you have the money, get the TM. If you don't, then get the KJW which would perform much better than the WE for obvious reasons.

4. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    Okay, so general consensus appears to be a TM is my best bet for the long run. Honestly the only thing stopping me from finding one I can afford is that I'm not sure how well the plastic will hold up while using green gas. It's my understanding a majority of Japanese GBB pistols are designed to use HFC134 (or something like that), and have a tendency to fall to pieces when used with green gas. That and the only metal kits I've found cost more than the gun.

5. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    I've been running my TM 4.3 on green gas for a while now, not really any problems. It should hold up fine. Plus, the version I got, the 4.3 Dual Stainless, looks and feels like it's made of metal, though it's high quality polymer. I definitely recommend getting a TM.

6. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    Okay guys. Thanks for the helpful advice, I'll be keeping an eye out for any TM hi-capas.

7. Airsoftguru

Airsoftguru New Member

So Cal
    Well lets see I started with the WELL 7.1 variant, yet another TM clone and almost all metal.

I then put the KJW grip/lower as well as the mag well.
    I upgraded the nozzel to TM and put in a better "o" ring
    Got a upgraded valve hurricane if I remember correctly!
    Then I trimmed down the front end to make all surfaces smooth
    Put a new hop up bucking in it and a tight bore barrel. After all the work it is definetley not a WELL any longer I am not quite sure what to call it.

But it is proof that no matter what you start with as long as it is not complete crap you can make something amazing.