Best of the four

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Jaejin, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    Trying to take advantage of all the sales going on.
    My budget is $120 with shipping and I found these four guns.
    JG M5A4 (http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/192...ft-AEG-Rifle-Newest-Production-Run-Model.aspx)
    JG M16A3- Enhanced (http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/190...rel-Newest-Enhanced-Production-Run-Model.aspx)
    JG AUG (http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/186...Assault-UA-1-Civilian-Electric-AEG-Rifle.aspx)
    JG G3 (http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/188...-Gearbox-AEG-Rifle-NEWEST-ENHANCED-MODEL.aspx)
    Which would be the best gun in your opinion? I don't really care about it looking cool- just need it to be lasting. I probably won't upgrade internals.

2. osawaab

osawaab Active Member Supporting Member

Charlotte and or A galaxy far, far away
    Ive had a good experience with the m16a3, it shoots really well.

3. ViennaAirsoft

ViennaAirsoft Member

Id say the m16a3 or the mp5, simply because of mag availability, they all are pretty durable, unless you treat them rough, they still are only plastic bodies.

4. Biohazard

Biohazard New Member

Somewhere in Europe
    Eh, MP5 mags suck. Lol. Good luck trying to get them to feed above 30-40rps. I'd say grab the M16 or G3, but that's because I'm partial to those two types of guns. Lol.

5. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

I like all of them except the M16a3. I just dislike Jgs M4 style guns. I'd go with the Aug or maybe Mp5.....I don't know anything about the G3. I've heard okay things about it.

6. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    What do you mean the mags suck? What's the average rps on a entry middle level aeg?

7. Biohazard

Biohazard New Member

Somewhere in Europe
    Around 20 if you're lucky. Most times, JGs are running at about 15-17 RPS IIRC. The mags don't feed often times in high speed setups. Take that in account if you ever think about upgrading.

8. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

Cqb or field? As that changes everything...

9. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    Majority will be field. Pretty much no CQB.

10. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Columbus
    Go for the AUG, at least the plastic makes sense on that one. And with my experience of JG AUG, although I got the A3, they hold up pretty well. Just after awhile do some GB work so it lasts. And bullpup design gives great accuracy.

11. osawaab

osawaab Active Member Supporting Member

Charlotte and or A galaxy far, far away
  12. FSTK

FSTK Member

Not a total fan of the AUGs in airsoft. Maybe if they were redesigned better, to accommodate the frame rather than stick a full-sized V3 gearbox in the back.

Then there's the issue of the two-stage sear wearing down over time. As you know, that means you'll be unable to fire in Semi cause the sear for the semi has worn down completely.

13. TheFallenHero

I would go with the m16 or the g3. With a g3 you would be less likely to have the same gun as someone else.

Not sure how upgrades go for it. The Aug your referring to is an a1 I think. The built in scope is probably bad though I have not owned one personally.

14. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    What do you mean a bad scope? The lack of iron sights? In which I just realized there are none.. lol..

15. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    Unless I'm terribly mistaken the scoped AUG has iron sights on the top of the scope. I will also point out the one he linked didn't have the integrated scope.

16. TheFallenHero

What I meant by it was bad is that I don't believe that there is a way to adjust it.

17. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    Does anyone know if the JG Aug that I linked to is able to take a large type battery stock? I really want a gun that will fit a large type because I already have two large type batteries.

18. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    I need to chose by Friday to buy a gun. I'm leaning towards the G3 or the M16. More towards the G3 since it has the tightbore barrel and all that. Any reason I shouldn't get it?

19. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    I own a JG M4 and absolutely love it. I would say the M16 because of the external options.

20. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    I own a jg m4 I'm very happy with it. The jg t3k3 is good to my girlfriends brother owns one