best rechargeable cr123 ?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by xAUSTIN316x, Apr 1, 2021.

1. xAUSTIN316x

xAUSTIN316x Member

LONG BEACH
    there are so many options out there idk whats legit . i need some rechargeable cr123 batteries for a DBAL A2

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    They are all the "same". Just pick a low cost unit and have multiples on hand.

3. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

I've seen much more consistent battery performance especially in high-drain devices (1k+Lm flashlights) from Nitecore than any 'ebay special'. They are relatively pricey but you get what you pay for - a few generic cells I bought a little over a year ago for a few bucks apiece have already failed being used only a handful of times.

4. Gikote

Gikote New Member

Brentwood
    I use fenix branded rechargeable cr123. Never had a problem and you can plug a micro usb directly into some of them.

5. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    No.
    There are huge differences between cells that are comparable in price and there are cells that are over-hyped for what you get.
    CandlePowerForum has several super-users who have made graphs comparing dozens of different cells under a range of power drains and put them in comprehensive reviews with a large range of other batteries for comparisons.

I highly recommend Googling “[battery name] CandlePowerForum” or “[battery name] forum review” before you purchase a set of cells.
    You may not need, or even plan on running, batteries that can keep up with a 1000 Lumen light at any given moment, but just knowing that if you spend 1-2 dollars more can get you some batteries that will actually meet their advertised specs and will retain capacity over a longer life is a simple step to take to make sure you are getting a good product.

I got Klarus 16340 cells for my handheld and for training pistol lights. I picked them because I spent 30 minutes looking for high-drain 16340 and saw they were recommend on several light forums with guys running a range of 1000 Lumen lights.
    I’ve done a few test so far comparing their performance to SureFire CR123 (Panasonic/Duracell OEM) and while the loss of total capacity does cut their runtime down significantly (700mah vs 1400mah for the CR123) they still keep up with the power draw of the lights and don’t overheat when in use.
    The Klarus 18650’s I got hold up the same as the SureFire 18650’s in an M600DF as well.

aotsukisho likes this.
  6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Well, that is good to know they are as scrutinized as we try to here for AEG packs...I seem to be just buying crappy LION's then.

aotsukisho likes this.
  7. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    If AEG batteries had a community of people testing them like the guys on flashlight or vape forums then your job would be a lot easier.

aotsukisho likes this.
  8. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Shout out to Guges for sponsoring majority of the testing we've seen so far. There's just way too many on the market to test them all, that being said we've seen that batteries marketed specifically for airsoft tend to be below average lol.

Richard Paoletti likes this.
  9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    That's due to distribution looking for the cheapest item that "fits" rather than performance to fleece the player base. They bank on player inexperience and gullibility.