best sniper rifle for the money

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by sndmn762, Nov 28, 2012.

1. sndmn762

sndmn762 New Member

im new to airsoft and im wanting a sniper rifle but have limited funds i want a rifle that will shoot far and be accurate for around 100-150 dollars

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Do some research... But know this. You won't find a sniper rifle in that price range or even stock that will be accurate. In fact most "out of the box rifles" don't even shoot as far as a stock AEG. Plus, making the sniper rifle accurate and shoot far will most likely cost you another $250+ in upgrades. So unless your willing to put down that kind of money, you would be better off with an AEG. But, in the future, do some of your own research (google, search the forum, etc.).

3. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    You can't buy a Honda Civic and expect it to out perform a Ferrari 458.

4. sndmn762

sndmn762 New Member

i appreciate the suggestion on the aeg but i know what i want, i have it narrowed down to 3 a uk arms m24 shoots around 5-550fps a echo1 asr shoots around 480-500fps and a bravo full metal mk98 any info on these

5. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

Just a little advice here , i started out in airsoft as a sniper , and was put off slightly by how slow paced and how little kills you get in a small time period , since then i have gotten hold of a few aeg's and found airsoft to be an amazing sport , so just a small word of advice get a combat machine or somthing similar because sniping will be a very hard role to play , especially with your budget .

6. sndmn762

sndmn762 New Member

i totally understand where u are coming from but again my heart is set on a sniper rifle so out of the 3 i mentioned which is better, where we all play is a small wooded area so i could rack up some kills without waiting long and i have a bunch of paintball stuff we play all the time, so this airsoft is something i can do when we dont play, airsoft isnt huge were i live paintball is so again im looking at a sniper rifle and would love ur input on those i listed please and thank you for all the quick responses best site i have been on yet

7. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

As a beginner i suggest a snow wolf m24 (because its a tokyo marui gspec under the exterior)
    Next id suggest a javelin m24
    Then a well l96

These arnet the best but there deffinatly good for upgrading, so as soon as you get cash you can make it better.

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lol. Not sure if trolling or just stupid..... The classic army m24 over all of those (may find one used for his price range). Then a JG BAR10. Then any APS2 upgradeable guns (before the bar 10).

9. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

The classic army m24 sucks , i used to do alot of sniping and found that it couldnt do anything usefull on the field , anyways i was only giving him guns that are highly upgradeable , and the snow wolf has all tokyo marui internalls

Anyways if he does want a cheap sniper get the tokyo marui vsr , it might only have 280 fps but it will outrange most cheap 500fps guns

10. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

I dont know if theres a proline CA m24 but this one was a sportsline ( hence i didnt recommend it).

11. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Classic Army M24 sucks, huh... Care to give information to back that up?

12. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

I had a sportline one and the faults were endless

The hop was just not working and the barrel needed upgrading straight away because there was next to no accuracy , also i dont know what the problem was but the trigger box kept slipping ( when i pulled the bolt back the gun would 3/5 times fire itself).

13. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

Although by the sounds of you guys im beginning to belive it was a one off or a fake

14. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    You had the sportline. The only respectable sportline is ICS. You can't base its crappiness off a sportline.

15. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

I was only basing crappyness on the sprtline thats all , i havnt had a pro ca sniper so i didnt make any comment on that one.

16. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    The Classic Army M24 doesn't have a sportline... Only I freaking greatline. So you might have been horribly ripped off or yours was the version 1 model (but even still, your story sounds suspicious).

17. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Cough cough KA sportlines are good as well, and CMs are halfway decent.

18. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley

You know, there's a thing called "stfu" when you don't know what you are talking about.....
    Yes, Classic Army has two versions of the M24....Military and Civilian...
    Only difference is the barrel....one has fluted barrel...another has bull barrel.

Internally, both are the same.

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    By the sounds of it, you must not know what you are doing. Barrel doesn't contribute to accuracy unless the bore quality is terrible. The hop up is what contributes to accuracy along with air seal, vibration, and BB quality.

You probably are talking about the Javelin or Snow Wolf...