Best spring sniper

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by jackwagon77, Jan 8, 2013.

1. jackwagon77

jackwagon77 New Member

I'm looking for a very accrt sniper that can shot 200+ at any given time...yes I'm looking to put upgrades in but I would like advice on what I should but into the gun thank you

2. allenjohn62

allenjohn62 New Member

I got a UTG Shadow Ops MK96 and it is the best I have owned so far, there are plenty of upgrades for it and they are easy to find and install, the gun itself has a plastic body that has withstood all kinds of punishment, the sling that comes with it is crap though, takedown is super easy and their is only one this you have to do to the gun to make it last, its a fairly cheap gun, 120-150 depending, I have had it for 4 years and have only had one problem which was so easy to fix i feel stupid that i had overlooked it at first. Upgrades have to be installed in a specific order though otherwise you will screw up the triggerbox. I have spent almost 380 dollars on it in upgrades not counting the scope and i have seen it outperform 400-600 dollar stock rifles.

3. jackwagon77

jackwagon77 New Member

I had a l96 platform before and I all out had I'm a huge makers man and I've always felt the most comfortable with m24 m700 platforms...don't get me roung I'm glad you gave me advice I just can't stand that platform

4. superpirst

superpirst Member

Cupertino
    vsr-10 and bar-10 are consider the best spring rifle.
    Tokyo mauri vsr-10 has one of the most upgrades for the spring snipers ever made.
    Next would be the l96 then the m24 which no one cares about because they have a lot of problems and aren't good.

If you're going to buy a sniper either get the jg bar-10 or the TM vsr-10.
    Tm vsr-10 only has 300 fps stock but the hop up unit is one of the best.
    Jg bar-10 if you want to copy the tm vsr-10 but go on a cheaper gun base.
    I don't know how much money you're going to spend on your "upgrades" but if you aren't going to upgrade much, go with the tokyo mauri vsr-10 as the base gun is A LOT better. If you're going to heavily upgrade the gun, go with the jg bar-10.

If you have the money then go with the tm vsr-10 and heavily upgrade that.

5. jackwagon77

jackwagon77 New Member

I've got about 340 to start on know but later I will put more money into I already have a scope and bipod to buy on plus a sling but what would you say would be the most important to upgrade in a gun?

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Tell that to my Classic Army M24,

ForumRunner_20130108_161035.jpg

Go ahead.... I dare you.

The most important thing to upgrade in a BASR is the hopup or anything within the hopup.

Either you could buy a new unit, like a PDI one that let's you take AEG barrels. Or you could buy a new bucking. Or if your skilled with your hands and tools, you could R/ER hop it and never look back.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. allenjohn62

allenjohn62 New Member

The m24 platform is really nice, if you like lightweight and low profile the m24 is excellent, however steer as far away from the javelin m24, a friend of mine has one and I have talked to other people with them and the break under extreem stress, but CA deffinently makes a good rifle. I have been a fan of the AI L96 platform because its fits to my preferences, sniper rifles are the hardest to give advice for because the rifle has to fit the shooter, good look on your search though

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  8. WillB

WillB New Member

Ponca City
    JG Bar-10.

Il even sell you mine for cheap, you just have to figure out whats wrong with it!!

I would say PDI Hop Up, all new sears, barrel, and a new spring (450 FPS around depending on your fields limits.)

9. jackwagon77

jackwagon77 New Member

I'm not anywhere close to being a tech haha ever time I work on a gun I broke it more and had to talk to a techshop

10. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Your run-on sentences make my eyes bleed. Punctuation is a rule here, please follow that rule.

Allenjon62 and superpirst seem to know what they're talking about.

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

The APS/2 ( l96 ) system beats the VSR-10 system. I forget exactly why though .... -_-

12. jackwagon77

jackwagon77 New Member

Okay calm down I'm pretty sure it's not going to kill you....and if it dose well I'm sorry you dent have to say anything...plus their is no law saying I have to say things the right way

13. DadCRO

DadCRO Member

14. Potation

Potation New Member

Fremont
    Word of warning, the PDI hopup is really finicky. You can try the TDC mod on a stock hopup; it will make the stock hopup much, much better.
    I recommend you do some research on airsoftsniperforum (google it). They have some really good info on mods.

15. CommanderLukas

CommanderLukas New Member

Palmyra
    If you're not good at tinkering, sniping is not for you.

16. Poronico

Poronico New Member

You need to guarantee the compression in the gun is 100% You can do that with teflon tape and some know how on the cheap but you are going to want a spring that is powerful enough to get your FPS up but that you can still comfortably pull back. The most vital upgrade is going to be your TBB a lot of people say 6.01 is the way to go while others swear by 6.03 its all preference and how well you maintain your weapon. If you do a little research you can find list upon list of different variants of not only BAR10's but L96's as well. Either way you go 340 is a good start for a decent weapon. You don't necessarily need a bi-pod I actually prefer not running one and keeping my weapon on a single point sling so I can quick transition from my primary to my sidearm and not worry about my weapon getting damaged, plus I rarely shoot from prone as I am bunkered in and the bipod raises my profile too much presenting a lot more to shoot at.

17. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Ok. Well, when you get banned for incorrect punctuation/grammar, don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

18. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Classic Army M24

If you can't find that, get the JGW M24.

19. Potation

Potation New Member

Fremont
    You want to upgrade your spring last. This is because stock sears will not be able to handle the high power, and will break fairly fast. The way to get most accuracy is to fine tune your hopup and barrel. There are a variety of mods to help. For the VSR10/BAR10, the best hopup is the Marui stock hopup. The PDI is very finicky, and you can do the TDC mod to mimic the double arm. Barrels are prometheus/laylax. The diameter is up to your preference, but if you plan on using cheap BB's and barely clean your barrel, don't get the 6.01's since you will need to clean very often as well as use BB's that have a very small deviation. Doing mods can really bring you a far way in terms of accuracy and range. Do not believe FPS is king , because you it is better to be able to shoot the same spot twice instead of slightly further target only five shots out of ten.