Best TBB

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by mnmetalhead1, Jul 24, 2012.

1. mnmetalhead1

mnmetalhead1 GBB FTW Supporting Member

Hibbing
    Ive been looking around on the internet and reading reviews and i cant seem to really get a handle on who makes the best TBBs for the price. Ive seen lots of good reviews about Madbull Black Pythons and some say Prometheus make the best, and a few stand by DB Custom/Dee Custom barrels. So i figured id ask the simple question of which barrels do you think are most worth the price. If you think that you can say that a certain company makes the best than at least try and back up your claim if possible.

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Prometheus is supposed to make the highest quality TBBs. MadBull makes great budget barrels, but some people do not like the inner coating. JBU TBBs are relatively cheap but I have no personal experience with them. But my local tech shop uses them whenever they do work.

So it is pretty safe to say that Prometheus will give you the best performance but it is also the highest cost. I use MadBull 6.03mms in my guns and they work well.

3. mnmetalhead1

mnmetalhead1 GBB FTW Supporting Member

Hibbing
    Ok, have you ever owned a Prometheus barrel? I'm looking at the 455mm length for Redstar AK im working on. I was debating about Madbull already, i might get one and thoroughly test it and record all the results.

4. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

I use a 455mm madbull black python and it rocks.

5. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Prometheus barrels are expensive for a reason. They really are some of the best you can get in mass prduction.

6. supportgunner

supportgunner New Member

Just like everything else in life......you get what you pay for. My vote is for Prometheus barrels all so. I have them in my m4, SAW, and tommy gun.

7. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Prometheus are definitely the best. But again they are the most expensive, but it is, in my opinion worth an extra $30 to get the best. Because if later on you decide you want something better then you just wasted your money. Plus if you r-hop (not saying you will) then you just wasted even more money. Make sure your going to be happy with your choice not only because of price but also performance

8. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    In airsoft, more money spent = more money saved. You buy a decent barrel, and you'll have saved a little money. But then you'll want to upgrade and buy the better barrel, which will will cost more in the long run. Just get the quality.

9. RCV

RCV New Member

He said something right this time. Listen to it.

Cheaping out costs more in the long run.

10. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    So much for lurking eh?

11. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Well I said it first but just explained it in lots of detail. But no credit :( lol

12. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    First? You were the fourth poster to say Prometheus is the best quality.

13. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    You're post was kinda why I posted mine. More than post saying the same thing can be convincing, wether its right or wrong...

14. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

But I was the First to say that in the long run buying the best quality is better because you won't have to upgrade again.

15. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I say Prometheus TBB are the best, then Madbull for budget. But like everybody else said, do it right the first time, get Prometheus.

16. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Not to be rude, but "Buy right the first time and you won't have to buy again" should be obvious to anyone who has ever purchased anything before.

17. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Not to be rude but he already knew Prometheus was the best but he was still considering mad bull because of his budget. So I believe what I told him was necessary.

18. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    What you told him was good information and should be shared. But you should not be begging for some sort of justification for your post. We post to help others. Not to earn some kind of credit. :)

19. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

It was sarcastic that's why I put emoji and lol at the end