Best Torque motor for 50+rof build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ntully2, Sep 7, 2012.

1. ntully2

ntully2 New Member

Boulder Colorado - Denver
    Hey guys, I was looking into to some torque motors for my high speed build that will hopefully be finished with the high torque motor...:) I was looking into the Bravo Xyclone II or the G&P m170/180's. Can you tell me which motor will be better or if there are better motors out there then these. I always like to have others opinions on builds just to reinforce my own opinion/ research. Thanks guys!

2. mpanary_fako

mpanary_fako Member

Nashville
    Any good High Torque motor (Lonex A1 or A2, JG Red, Systema Magnum, ...) and 10:1 gears
    Or SHS High Speed and 13:1 but it's gonna run hot and make sure you have a beefy battery to back it up, something like 45c 5000 mAh :)

3. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Could you give us your whole parts list, it might help us in making a suggestion for the motor.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lonex torque motor is what I'm using for my 50ish RPS gun.

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Just slap in a Lonex A2 and you're set.

6. ntully2

ntully2 New Member

Ya here is the parts list
    shs 14 tooth steel rack piston
    shs steel bearing gears (14:1)
    shs cylinder head/air nozzle
    shs piston head
    vfc gearbox
    vfc tappet plate
    vfc spring guide
    and G&P 8mm bearings

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'm going to critique this if that's fine. First off, the air nozzle, if metal, is not going to seal well and is going to be too heavy for a high RPS.

What kind of gears? Links would be nice.

Is the piston head the metal one? If so, your piston assembly is going to be way to heavy which will cause PE. POM piston heads are nice. Lonex is a good brand for it.

Make sure you do AOE using 70D Sorbo with a neoprene backer.

I hope you have a metal spring guide. Also, what spring rate are you using? You may want to go m120 and SS a few teeth.

8. ntully2

ntully2 New Member

Ok cool I appreciate your opinion and here are some links
    http://airsoft-club.com/shop/intern...nc-steel-bearing-high-speed-gear-ver-2-3-14-1
    http://airsoft-club.com/shop/internal-upgrade/piston-parts/shs-full-steel-14-teeth-piston
    http://airsoft-club.com/shop/intern...s/shs-shooter-bearing-piston-head-for-all-aeg
    those are just a few links, tell me what you think about it and ok so what would be a good air nozzle to get and where would I find that exact sorbo with neoprene backer, I know i needed a sorbo but i wasn't sure which one.
    and yes the spring guide is metal with bearings its vfc and right now i am planning on using m120.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lonex air nozzles are great. That piston has problems with failure. Pick up a 15T piston instead. Piston head is made of metal so it's a no go.

10. ntully2

ntully2 New Member

ok where can i get the air nozzle and cylinder head? also where can i find that exact sorbo and piston head?

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Clandestineairsoft.com

Look on Mcmaster.com for the Sorbo and neoprene backer.

12. ntully2

ntully2 New Member

Also will i need a smooth cylinder or is the ported one ok?

13. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The stock cylinder is fine, just polish the hell out of it.

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yep. Just polish it like NorTech said.