Best upgrades for this gun?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by LOLdotEXE, Jun 26, 2015.

1. LOLdotEXE

LOLdotEXE New Member

Oxford
    Planning on buying >this< and upgrading the internals as I go on.

I read >this< and I know what parts to get, I just don't know WHAT do get, as I have no experience in buying upgrades. If you don't want to look at the thread, he says it needs a piston head and cylinder, long motor, wiring, and 8mm bushings.

I'm looking to spend low on these parts, but not low enough to where I'm obviously missing out on something better. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as these parts go?

2. NeoAugAU-3G

NeoAugAU-3G Active Member

Las Vegas
    piston head - POM anything
    cylinder - they are a dime a dozen, NO difference between brands. either you get a seal or you dont
    long motor - anything neo magnet and high torque will work
    wiring - i buy mine at home depot, 16 or 18 gauge is fine for most uses
    bushings - solid steel, no cross pattern holes. i like lonex or shs, but zci are also good

total cost 60-100 depending on brands you choose.

3. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    That thread and reviewer are garbage.

Now that we have that out of the way, onto business. I would first recommend that you examine your other budget-allowing options from other brands. The RL-8 does not have the blowback issue that the CM series does, but I would still look at your reasons for picking this gun. If its for looks, get another brand.

Second, the recommendations are not wrong, save one. You don't need a cylinder. However, the motor and piston head are the only priority parts in the list. The wiring and bushings are sufficient for a stock, tuned setup. As far as I see in your question, you have no performance goals in mind, only fixing flaws and problems to run better and more reliably.

As for WHAT to buy, take a look at sites like www.brillarmory.com and www.clandestineairsoft.com. They carry (the majority) decent/high quality parts for amazing prices. I'm not going to give you a parts list, but I will critique a list you come up with as you research this and teching in general more.

4. LOLdotEXE

LOLdotEXE New Member

Oxford
    Okay, here's what I've got.
    http://www.brillarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_65&products_id=185
    http://www.brillarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=197

Are you absolutely sure the copper bearings won't give out? I've head from alot of people that steel is much better and won't wear.

5. LOLdotEXE

LOLdotEXE New Member

Oxford
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  6. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville

Both are great.

For reference, I've run those same bushings in a 13:1 gears and an m150 spring on those bushings. They're fine. Is steel better? Yes. Is 93 octane gasoline Better than 87? Yes. But a normal daily driver will run just fine on 87. Same here.

I have no experience with Apex, but I haven't heard anything bad either.

7. LOLdotEXE

LOLdotEXE New Member

Oxford
    Thank you for your help, but unfortunately I'll probably be buying the Apex because of its full metal design and upgraded stock parts. The Combat Machine was an impulse want due to it's aesthetics and charger/battery/red dot bundle, but the Apex looks more reliable. I may come to you if I have any problems with it, and again, thank you.