Between three AEG guns

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by tigerstr, Nov 28, 2016.

1. tigerstr

tigerstr New Member

Athens
    Hey guys, after getting a VFC M27 (HK416 16 inch barrel) GBB and the TM HK416 DEVGRU (10.5 inch barrel) I am looking for an M4 style AEG that will be ready to go out of the box.

I have 4 options in mind

1. Modify XTC G1 Carbine

2. Krytac Trident SPR MK2

3. ICS CXP-UK1R TransformM4 EBB

4.ARES Octarms Amoeba X M4 KM13

They are in a similar price range and have similar performance characteristics, on paper.

Would like your feedback on what to pick and possible drawbacks of said guns, preferably from personal experience.

Right now I am leaning towards the Modify, mostly because of looks and impressive internals, but its very new in the market (1Q 2016) and I am wondering if there are any known glitches.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    Of those 4 I'd lean towards the krytac. It's most "tm standard" of the bunch, so most likely to accept standard aftermarket repair/upgrade parts.

Once it's out, perhaps look at the e&l m4...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016

3. GamingShogun

GamingShogun Member

Definitely agree - the XTC 1 has the fancy FPS alteration but the Krytac Mk2's build quality is pretty rock-solid - and, its gearbox is a beast.

4. tigerstr

tigerstr New Member

Athens
    Have to say, Ι got a good offer from an online shop and took the plunge with the XTC-G1 with some upgrades, mainly because I like the external appearance better than the KRYTAC and the 14.5 inch outer barrel, instead of the 16 inch SPR.

Gearbox seems of very solid construction and parts on the XTC too.

I do like the easy spring change factor and the add on upgrades are supposed to take care of the one main shortcoming I have seen in in depth reviews, the weak hop up system.

Thank you for your input guys, will advise on how it performs eventually. :)

5. gone123

gone123 Member

My Krytac is VERY nice. I for some odd reason thought the anti twist things on the barrel were pins, and after hitting it with a hammer and screwdriver it is still working. Turns out it was something you had to twist. But very solid, paint barely chipped off too. Very accurate too.

6. tigerstr

tigerstr New Member

Athens
    Hey man, Merry Christmas. I already got the Modify XTC G-1, but thanks for the info anyway.

Yes it seems KRYTACs are really nice, but I wanted a shorter barrel.

7. gone123

gone123 Member

Then get a CRB or CQC? But good pick

8. Joseph_Rodriguez

Joseph_Rodriguez New Member

Modify XTC G1 Carbine is a good choice, solid construction, and performance. The replica’s gearbox is a true masterpiece.

9. tigerstr

tigerstr New Member

Athens
    That's what I am finding out :)

I am very impressed with how solid it feels and with the spring quick change system you can have a gun that shoots from 370 to 400 [email protected] with the M110 spring, in seconds!

Actually I got a second SHS M120 Spring and with this as tested by chrono it shoots 408-418+ and when in the pre-compressed mode 445 to 455 fps.

And because of the reinforced internals gearbox and high torque SHS motor ( the only thing that is not stock) it is at home in these velocities too.

Shooting wise, I had the eraser flat hop mod done and at [email protected] it shoots 0.30 gr BB ( blaster devils) out to 65 meters, accurately enough to hit a 16X16 inch target, in full auto.

Used it at a woodland game a few days ago with a 1.1-4x24 VISM EVO scope at this fps setting and my friends (especially on the opposing side :)) were really impressed with the accuracy and power it has.

Have to say that durability and reliability will have to be proven since this is a new gun not just for me but for the market too, but as they say so far so good.

10. P4INC

P4INC Active Member

Pics? Is the eraser flat hop a good alternative to buying a nub? I bought a nub to do it a while back but I think I have ruined it.

11. tigerstr

tigerstr New Member

Athens
    Well here is a photo of the gun :)

Besides the scope it has KAC real steel keymod panels ( had to be sanded to fit) the KAC keymod handstop, an airsoft keymod sling attachment point and a replica Inforce light

[​IMG]

Regarding the eraser mod, I took my que from this review (which was the one that sold me on this gun) and had the shop technicians do it. The reviewer describes it in detail:

https://www.airsoft-military-news.com/review-modify-xtc-g1/

Hope this helps

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  12. E135

E135 Active Member

You got your money's worth. Here I am just waiting for parts in the mail and free time to work on upgrading my G&G CM... anyways, god choice!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  13. gone123

gone123 Member

Whew, that looks nice. Black is an awesome color. I have gray in my gun, although gray is still awesome.
    You should change the tan to black, that would be sleek

14. P4INC

P4INC Active Member

Dang that looks nice. I'll check that link later thanks

15. d12bn

d12bn New Member

Lake Charles
    That is one good looking gun

16. tigerstr

tigerstr New Member

Athens
    Thanks guys Glad you like my blaster. :) :)

Due to the exceptional way it shoots, I am currently using it as a "light DMR" @400-420fps which is the limit for AEG Assault rifles in the open fields we play here. (some have 400, some have 420 fps) So I can fire full auto too :)

FOR CQB my TM 416 DEVGRU NGRS takes over...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017