BFG MolleMinimus

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Thestig, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    A while back, I decided I was going to get a FLYYE RRV, as I like lightweight, flexible chest rigs. But recently, I came across the new BFG MolleMinimus chest rig, as seen here: http://www.blueforcegear.com/innovation/molleminus

What I am wondering, is has anybody had any personal experience with running just this alone? I have read a bunch of reviews where people run the with slick body armor, but I would just wear this. Also, I would like to know if there is much pouch wobble with normal pouches, as made by like Pantac, or FLYYE. I also read that I may have to use the BFG Helium whisper system for optimal results. Do they even make pouches big enough for G36 mags yet? I did not see them on their website.

Thanks!

2. Thestig

Do none of the gear-people on here know about this? I find that hard to believe....

3. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    BFG products will produce the best results when combined with other BFG products. That's just the logic of a business and production. You could use a 417 or SR-25 pouch for your G36 mags, although that would defeat the purpose of the tight-fitting BFG pouches.

The reason we have not replied is because there wasn't much to tell you. Beyond what Knief said in the other thread, your question was essentially answered by you.

4. Thestig

So I guess the real question is this, or a FLYYE RRV for a high speed low drag setup? I need something to hold me over until I have the funds for a modern British army impression.

5. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I would suggest an RRV, but that's because I don't like the ULTRA lightweight design of the MolleMinus. I like my rigs to be a bit more substantial than that. If you want a super-light loadout, then that BFG chest rig is a perfect opportunity.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    The RRV will provide you more carrying space. The BFG rig will be lighter. That's really what you're deciding between. Lighter or more stuff. Take your pick.