Big decision, need help

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by LegacyAirsoft, Dec 9, 2012.

1. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    So my WE-tech 4.3 hicapa hasn't been the best gun. It was basically one problem followed by another followed by another and so on. Well I am deciding if it is worth fixing the problem and possibly upgrading my pistol or just buying a new pistol. So here are my two questions:
    1. Can you guys help me find the problem and fix it? My gun will shoot a couple rounds but the slide feels very slow and weak, then the bbs stop feeding but my gun still shoots. About 3 shots later the gun releases all the gas in the mag. This happened with 2 different mags so i know that's not the problem, any ideas???
    2. If I am to buy a new pistol I would like a 1911 style but I'm not picky. Also my price range is $150.00 (this gives me some money to buy mags after)

2. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior

3. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    I got a bit more money to spend though and I think another "budget brand" gun would just have problems too. If I can fix my WE I would want to but if not ill look at buying

4. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Ok well if you would like to take it to the next level you could get a tm high capa 5.1

5. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Ya I was thinking of a KWA mk series or a TM hicapa. Do you have any expierience with these?

6. SlenderKen

SlenderKen New Member

Orange County
    My WE M9 lost its safety trigger within a month. The double-action trigger stopped working too so I would click with no firing. I put some tape inside and it went full auto.. I always maintained my gun so I was like wtf. I heard hi-capas are made from different materials, so I think whatever Chambers the bbs may be jammed. Replacement parts are costly, and if installed incorrectly/with a representative, it will end up costing like half of another gun, which may make future dilemmas. I ended up giving up and instead, go for a KWA. KWA makes a really sweet M1911. My sister and cousin both have one and they have had no problems with them (they barely maintain it). It is cheap (165) but there are cons.. Like expensive SINGLE STACK mags (35) and right now they are hard to find for some reason (the mags) but yeahh.. They chrono 330-350 and the mags may hold only 11-12+1 bbs, but you get about two and a half mags per fill. So they are very gas efficient :]. It's rather cheap,our you can get a Mac11a1 by KWA. If you are thinking about that, I also have that so I can give you some pros and cons too!

7. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    No I havn't had the pleasure,But from what people say the high capa 5.1 is great OTB and theres so many upgrade parts for them!

8. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Are you trying to shoot the gun outside in the cold? Because that's what it sounds like. GBBs don't work in the cold. The pressure in the mag drops and can't cycle the slide fully. You get results exactly like you described.

9. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    I'm hoping that's it but I have had these problems for a couple months now going back to the summer. I will shoot it inside to test if its just the cold.

Edit: if it doesn't work I am mainly looking at a KWA mk2 pistol. Anyone have any expierience or know of any problems/cons? Thanks

10. SlenderKen

SlenderKen New Member

Orange County
    Mk2 as in mark II? I have a 2 and 3 and if you read the second half of my previous comment it overviews the gun. Are you planning on using it as a primary or secondary?

11. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Thank you and secondary, I also want input from more people though to see if there were any cons or problems others had that maybe you didn't. For example my brother had a HFC M9 that lasted him a while before it broke and he has a WE hicapa 5.1 now that's not that bad, but others with these guns have had horrible experiences

12. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Haven't tested inside yet (have to do hw first) but this was from earlier today (sorry about quality) [ame]http://youtu.be/0eRhpQgm5Co[/ame]

13. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    It's from It being cold,My m9 used to do that in the cold.

14. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Ok thanks, this was the most recent problem so I hope that's the only one. Ill test it inside in a bit and let you know how it does

15. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Alright,Keep us posted.

16. SlenderKen

SlenderKen New Member

Orange County
    True. Some flaws are that the mags lose O-rings a little easily, but that could be because we used to fill the mag with one long spurt of gas (instead of like three to six little bursts). That freezes the o-rings apparently. Secondary you probably only need two mags max and maybe a holster. btw I think this is KWA's most popular gbb. And most accurate too.

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, that definitely looks like cool down. When you test the gun inside, make sure you put the mag in your pocket for a few minutes to warm it up to above room temperature for a really fair trial. When you gas up a mag, it's cools down. It's because of the pressure shift that occurs when you dump the gas from one container to another. If you don't give the mag ample time to warm up, and in this case a slightly warmer environment, you'll still be shooting with a cold mag.

18. SlenderKen

SlenderKen New Member

Orange County
    Yeah haha, I got the full metal (includes pistol grip) KWA M93R and I still like the narrowness of the 1911 better. Trust me, the 1911 is the most durable gbb from KWA. I never read a bad review about it. It reaches around 100 feet woth .2s fairly accurately. So you really don't have to modify it at all. Another con I suppose is no threaded barrel and the orange tip is painted on, but you can do whatever you want to with the tip haha

19. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Ok so I shot the gun inside and had similar, but different results. The gas did not spray out like in the video but it felt very weak and I only got about 15 shots off including the last couple that didn't go far back enough to catch the slide (this was on 10 secs of green gas)

20. Knief

Ann Arbor
    And you made sure the mag was nice and warm? How are you gassing up the mag? Are you sure you're getting a full charge? And when's the last time you cleaned the gun?