Big Guys

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by BigZac, Aug 8, 2012.

1. BigZac

BigZac New Member

Im some what new to airsofting and a few of my friends said certain stuff cant fit me as far as guns and everything else. I am 6ft. 4inches tall and about 248pounds. What would be your suggested loadout?

2. M60_Airsoft

M60_Airsoft New Member

I'm sure most vest will fit you, but I would go for a chest rig of some sort. Google HSGI and go to there website, they have a great chest rig. And as for a gun, just a regular gun of your choice I guess, or you could go for a support type kit

3. BigZac

BigZac New Member

What kind of of gun would you suggest? I dont a gun that is small. I currently have an AEG m4a1 and it is not reliable constantly having to wind the clip and even then ive had to use it upside down just so it fires correctly

4. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

What brand is the M4?

5. BigZac

BigZac New Member

Sadly my cousin bought it and the markings on it are too fadef to see. But i believe it mentions colt on it

6. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

If I were you I'd get an M16. What's your budget?

7. BigZac

BigZac New Member

My budget for a gun is about 800

8. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    $800 or $80? If $80, you can't really get anything other than spring shotguns.

9. BigZac

BigZac New Member

$800 is correct, with a budget such as that what do you recomend ? Im not really interested in AEG because of the clip constantly needing to be rewinded

10. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    *Magazine, and you can always get mid caps, those hold between 50-150 rounds and do not require winding.

For $800 I'd get a Tokyo Marui and a metal body, that's just me.

11. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

I'd say get a VFC. They're amazing and you can and you can use the extra money to upgrade it to make it even better.

12. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

800$? Lol. Get anything you want. I'd say a VFC m4, SCAR, AK, 416, ect. Any gun that's VFC, just not any VFC GBBs.

13. M60_Airsoft

M60_Airsoft New Member

I'd say Go with a cheat rig of some sort and get a VFC M4 or a kwa sr10

14. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    I agree with the VFC choice. Maybe their 416? As for the winding issue just pick up a box of 7 MAG midcaps for $55, they don't need to be wound up but they hold only usually 100-130 rounds.

15. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    $800 you say?

VFC 416 $440
    or
    VFC M4 E series $300+

MAG brand M4 midcaps, 7 for $55

FLYYE plate carrier of some sort. Plate carriers are superior to chest rigs unless you want quick movement. A good place to get FLYYE gear is on
    www.shootercbgear.com

Pantac is also good for gear. www.airsoftsmith.com I think is a good place to get some.

With $800 you can be set with a great AEG and a great load out.

Also, on your winding problem, there are two solutions: 1) get midcaps. Most people like midcaps anyway, they don't require any winding at all, but hold less.
    2) flash mags. Flash mags are like your hi-caps, you have I wind them, but it's a lot quicker. There's a string you pull That pretty much winds it for you. Yank it a few times and you're good to go. It hold just as much ammo (sometimes more) than your standard hi-cap.

16. jerrr

jerrr New Member

Orlando
    to add to thatguy's suggestions about mag winding, electronic box mag if you dont mind something bulky

17. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    If you are looking for different types of camo in large sizes. RAP4 paintball has a ton of different camo in all sizes. I was able to find my Flecktarn in xxxl!

18. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    I'm 6' 4" and around 280 lbs.

I run Propper cammo in 3XL (I get it new from a local surplus store).

https://www.epropper.com/categoryattribute/49

As for guns and such, I run everything from Scorpion AEPs to an RPK and most anything in between.

I also have a Condor chest rig that I added side panels to. I preffer to run it lower than most people run chest rigs, but it works for me. I'll try to snap some pics tonight or tomorrow.

19. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

I've electric heard that drum mags jam all the time. I use mid-caps and I highly recommend them

20. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Drum and box mags in anything other than an LMG are n00b indicators... I have one and I hate it. Get midcaps or flash mags.